cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data allowance dates

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. My pay monthly contract started on 14th September so will my data allowance run from 14th to 13th each month or does it run from the 1st of every month?

Also, i burned through my data in no time in the first month which has never previously happened as I am a light user. i have since amended my email settings. Are there any other settings fro Twitter and Facebook I need to change? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous It starts when your contract begins. After the billing date it restarts again.

Also FB is renowned for being a data hog. Make sure you arent running autoplay on its settings...

Check your phone to see which apps are using the most data

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous It starts when your contract begins. After the billing date it restarts again.

Also FB is renowned for being a data hog. Make sure you arent running autoplay on its settings...

Check your phone to see which apps are using the most data

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Just to add to the above, the best thing you can do is wait until you have a Wi-Fi connection to download apps and games, watch movies, or stream music.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
How much data do you have?
Smartphones use lots these days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Make sure autoplay is off in account settings for all social media. Facebook in particular is data hungry.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Your phones settings will tell you if one particular app is using more of your allowances.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6