cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal battery life for Sony Xperia xa1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

just wondering if anyone else struggles with battery life with  the Sony Xperia xa1? I only use my phone for Facebook, the odd phone call etc.. so quite light use, especially on weekdays when I’m at work during the day and I feel I am permanently having to charge it, I can lose 50% of the charge in 6hours of light use. Is this normal? I’ve only had the phone a couple of months.

thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bill1945
Level 3: Thinker
  • 32 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for your post.

I have a Sony Xperia XZ Premium (she is a real beaut!!) and can only assume that the same criteria will apply to your phone re battery charge. I had the same concerns as you in the early days (Dec 2017)

The advice I was given by the Sony Helpdesk was that if you power is fading at an alarming rate is to disable all of the Apps that you don't use, run the Self Test Routine and monitor. I have quite a few apps that I use and they can be thirsty devils and so I am prepared for that.

Hope this helps a little.

Bill

Give the People a Voice
Message 2 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
The key question... But what's running in the background.
For instance, social media apps will remain in a listening state for notifications, disable the notifications, Facebook and Snapchat are especially backwards at saving power.
Go to settings, battery and click on the graph, it will then display a list of what is sucking your juice.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Delete Facebook for a 50% increase in battery life.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous did deleting or deactivating any apps help with your battery life? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have deleted un-used apps, and keep it on "stamina" all the time which is meant to deactivate and minimise background use. The other day it had a software update and the battery was great all day after that, barely dropped 15%all day at work, but it soon went back to running down quickly, I've lost 15% in the last hour alone! Thanks to all anyway. X
Message 6 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Try a repair installation using Xperia companion.
Back up your files first though as the repair will wipe them.
Message 7 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Give the above suggestion from @viridis a go @Anonymous and let us know how you get on! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 8