cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 3 not receiving Security patches or Software updates unless sent to Repair Centre

PamDill
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had a Nokia 3 since March 2018, I got a couple of security patches and one Andorid update then it stopped receiving any patches or updates from O2.  I contacted Nokia who said they had released them.

Eventually the mobile stopped working properly and went to the Nokia repair centre (twice) each time it came back it would have had a security patch installed and I would get a lecture on paper in the box about ensuring my phone was updated regularly.  I then would get maybe one or two security patches through O2 and then it would stop again.

I have now been stuck on the 5th of July 2019 security patch and Android 8.1.0 despite the fact that other Nokia 3 O2 users have received the Android 9 update and both August and September security patches.

What is going on?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sounds like a faulty device then.
If under warranty, return it for a repair of that specific fault.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you manually checked for updates?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

PamDill
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If you mean click 'check for update' then yes but none available
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sounds like a faulty device then.
If under warranty, return it for a repair of that specific fault.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

PamDill
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It has been back to Nokia twice, they state there is nothing wrong with it, when it goes to their repair centre all the updates install.  Accoridng to them the issue is with O2.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Then I suggest you send it to O2 for repair.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6