cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music downloads

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am a new smart phone user. I have copied about 40 albums from my pc to my new Samsung Galaxy 111 mini and most of them play well. However, about 20% of them don't play at all and show the error message This item is no longer available. All these problem tracks play correctly on the PC even when using the pc to link to the phone (usb) and play the track actually stored on the phone.

I would be very grateful for any ideas.

Thanks.

Ricsastir

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
How did you transfer them to the phone and what format are the suspect files in, ie mp3, mp4 etc ? Try the free version of poweramp off Google play and see if that will play them https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maxmpz.audioplayer&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsM...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
How did you transfer them to the phone and what format are the suspect files in, ie mp3, mp4 etc ? Try the free version of poweramp off Google play and see if that will play them https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maxmpz.audioplayer&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsM...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Thanks for your quick reply.

All my music files are *.wma

I first transferred them using drag and drop in windows explorer on the pc. while connected by USB. The problem occured.

Then I deleted all the music files and transferred them using Samsung Kies sync. Still the same problem.

I will try your suggestion and let you know how I get on.

Regards,

Ricsastir

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I would guess it's the format that is the problem. Even Poweramp might struggle with some wma files. In Kies there is a tick box that you can select to convert files to compatible formats - did you tick it?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,  

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I think I have solved it.

I deleted all the music from the phone and importantly all the entries in the play lists which I had to do individually. Then I used Windows Media Player  SYNC system to transfer the music to the phone, checking after each album that it played OK. All is well now thanks.

I did try Poweramp but it didn't help. Also I found it a difficult program to use.

I can't remember if when I tried Kies I set the Convert to compatible files format box.

Thanks very much for your help.

Ricsastir

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
As long as you got it sorted, that's the important thing slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6