cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from iPhone 5 to Galaxy S8+

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the next few days, I am going to be getting a S8+ to replace my 2nd hand iphone 5.

However, I have never used an android device before and am curious as to how I would go about moving my sim card and number to the new phone and what the process would be and have not been able to find any information online.

Both the iphone and new galaxy are unlocked phones.

Thank you for your taking the time to read. 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Both take a nano sim so just remove it from one phone and place it in the other.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Both take a nano sim so just remove it from one phone and place it in the other.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
And also ask to get idata taken off
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Go in to your local store or call customer service to get the bolt on changed 

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, good point, call CS 202 or 4445 (contract or PAYG) and ask to be put onto standard data.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good morning @Anonymous, how are you doing? slight_smile

Did you get everything sorted for your new phone in the end? Would love to hear how you're getting on!

Also, how do you like your new S8+ so far? grin Cheers

Message 6 of 6