Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola Edge display issues

Wufftype
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I got a Motorola Edge as my upgrade, and I'm loving the phone. However, 2 days into use and the screen is getting a weird shadowing effect on it. I checked Lenovo/Motorola's support forums and it looks like there MIGHT be a software fix this month for it. I know I have 14 days to return the phone from the start of contract, but if this update doesn't fix the issue, could I still get a replacement/change of phone?

I'd rather keep the phone if it can be fixed, bu I don't want to be stuck with a duff phone for 2 years if this patch doesn't work... Help?
Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
@Wufftype

Looks like Lenovo are trying to rush a fix through for these issues, i'd say it wont be long because Lenovo's factories / offices in China close down in a week or so for a few days..

To be honest Lenovo are very good at getting emergency fixes out for products where people have reported issues.

I really wish Lenovo would dump the Motorola brand but thats another issue 🙂
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27626 Solutions

@Wufftype 

You get 28 days to return a defective device for replacement. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-returns-policy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

Wufftype
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5

Thanks for the heads up! I'm hoping the update is soon, I really don't want to replace the phone!
Message 3 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27626 Solutions
You're welcome and good luck.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 16

madasaf1sh
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
@Wufftype

Looks like Lenovo are trying to rush a fix through for these issues, i'd say it wont be long because Lenovo's factories / offices in China close down in a week or so for a few days..

To be honest Lenovo are very good at getting emergency fixes out for products where people have reported issues.

I really wish Lenovo would dump the Motorola brand but thats another issue 🙂
Message 5 of 16

Wufftype
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Right, I'm actually getting fed up with O2 for the first time in all the years I've been with them.

I understand there is a pandemic and for the safety of the workers that contact channels are reduced, but I've given up waiting for the software update so I've been trying to get my phone replaced or returned.

Nope. Nada. Not on your nelly.

Calling 202 seems to be locked to stolen devices or fraud (Don't have a problem with that at all, but when the automated system asks you what you want to do, "Return a Faulty Phone" it tells you to use the website to initiate the replacement.

Go to website, get to Help > Faulty Device, check for my phone... no "help" (Not surprised, new model and all) but nothing else. Click "Live Chat". Get taken to "Contact Us"... where there's no Live chat function.

I'm going around in circles and it's SERIOUSLY frustrating when I just want a working phone!

AAAAAAARRRRGGGH!

Message 6 of 16

pp763
Level 3: Thinker
  • 79 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You have to cheat and use the magic words. Say upgrade or you want to leave. Then you will be put through to somebody
Message 7 of 16

Laineyyw
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Same here it's driving me crazy! Second device in like 3 weeks, this one is worse than the first. They want me to send it back without replacement..I don't think so! Got through on the live chat but no help whatsoever. I even went to my nearest o2 shop (20 miles away) to be not allowed in unless I am buying 😮 the chap on the door said ring 202. Surprise surprise can't actually speak to anyone 🤬🤬
Message 8 of 16

Wufftype
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, still no software updatem and I finally got a live chat pop up which ended in being 2 hours of trying to sort out a replacement phone. All set up, then get told that the phone is out of stock everywhere (I presume pulled as it's known to have faults) so would I like to return the phone and upgrade at another time?

Yes! It's better than me running out of the 28 days and being stuck with a busted phone.

But oh, the replacement order is in the system... so it's been cancelled but the phantom phone has to return back to O2 before I can have anything returned and switched back as the system seems to think I already have a new phone.

*headdesk*

Please live chat in 3-5 business days!  Uhm... I think I might just phone up and say I want to leave, because right now... it's not wrong.  *sighs*

Message 9 of 16

madasaf1sh
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@Laineyyw

Thats **** service from then shop and totally wrong, the can only refuse access if they have reached max capacity.

I would speak to Lenovo Support @ https://support.motorola.com/uk/en

and also signup and post your problem in the forum, they are being very pro active and passing things to the product group and engineering support..

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/edge/bd-p/edge_en

One of the software fixes should fix the issue, but it does sound like faulty display panels, but i would speak to Lenovo and see what they say before speaking to o2. 

I will add there is no stock in Lenovo's distribution channel, so there really are none for warranty or insurance claims..

Message 10 of 16