Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola Edge display issues

Wufftype
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I got a Motorola Edge as my upgrade, and I'm loving the phone. However, 2 days into use and the screen is getting a weird shadowing effect on it. I checked Lenovo/Motorola's support forums and it looks like there MIGHT be a software fix this month for it. I know I have 14 days to return the phone from the start of contract, but if this update doesn't fix the issue, could I still get a replacement/change of phone?

I'd rather keep the phone if it can be fixed, bu I don't want to be stuck with a duff phone for 2 years if this patch doesn't work... Help?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Wufftype
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, I got the update! It's actually fixed the phone!

I'll keep an eye on it because if nothing else, I stil have a week left to send the phone back, I'm just hoping I don't have to as this was the phone I wanted!

Message 11 of 16

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
I knew Lenovo wouldn't let people down @Wufftype

Fingers crossed its all fixed for you, as its one hell of a good device 🙂
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 12 of 16

Wufftype
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh I've not had a single screen issue since the update last night, I'm literally crossing EVERYTHING that it doesn't come back as there's no way on this Earth I'll get an iPhone, and I've been burned by Samsung in the past.

Now, if O2 could get OnePlus phones back for my partner, I'd be crazy happy!  But, one thing at a time, LOL

Message 13 of 16

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
@Wufftype

I used to like OnePlus, but they seem to be making some very weird business decisions at the moment, and seem to have decided they dont want anything to do with o2, even going as far as taking o2 5G configuration out of the 8T on purpose.....

Samsung used to be bad, but looking on my desk i have the Samsung Fold, S10 5G, Note 10 Plus 5G, amongst others including a OnePlus 7 Pro and some other random handsets (GAS and my job).. And Samsung have come along way, and along with Lenovo are going to put apple to shame slight_smile
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 14 of 16

Twmbleton
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm now on my second Motorola Edge, it's fully updated, and it is now showing the green screen washed out issue again. I think these phones have a serious screen problem. Will be moving to a different handset. Avoid!
Message 15 of 16

Pipstop78
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 546 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hey I'm on to my 4handset of the same phone green down the side pink and grey on the screen think tomorrow I might just ring 02 and change my mind about nit waiting for a new one to come in to stock and get a different phone
Message 16 of 16