Did you mean: 

Mate 20 Pro

AidanWarner
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So currently the Mate 20 Pro through O2 is on version .146
However there have been many updates since already and I have no sight of them. Is there anyway we can find out the status of updates, or try and get the latest updates through?
I'd rather not have to unlock just because O2 can't give me the updates
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

I can confirm that we approved an Android Pie update in mid-December, that Huawei had subsequently started rolling out to customers. The software version is 9.0.0.153 (C432E10R1P16), which did include EMUI 9.0.

This should be available to all customers now so I'd recommend trying another manual software update check to see if it triggers it.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AidanWarner O2 are notorious for being slow to roll out updates but @Chris_K might know 

Message 2 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The best person to answer would be @Chris_K when he is back in the office. You may as well get your phone unlocked any as it won't have any affect on updates.

Message 3 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@AidanWarner Just to clarify, any O2 phone can now be unlocked at any time without being charged any fee.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 9

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@AidanWarner O2 are notorious for being slow to roll out updates but @Chris_K might know 

I'll have a look into what the latest is, but I feel the need to highlight and emphasise that O2 are rarely the cause of any 'delays' to software updates, and I've covered more about this (the the reasons/causes behind it) in this Q&A slight_smile

Message 5 of 9

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

I can confirm that we approved an Android Pie update in mid-December, that Huawei had subsequently started rolling out to customers. The software version is 9.0.0.153 (C432E10R1P16), which did include EMUI 9.0.

This should be available to all customers now so I'd recommend trying another manual software update check to see if it triggers it.

Message 6 of 9

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:

Hi @Chris_K

Was this only approved for the Mate 20? I assume so as I have a P20 Pro and am still on Android version 8.1 and EMUI version 8.1.0.159.  No updates available when I do a system update check.

Is there any news on when the new version will be available for the P20 Pro?

Thanks

Thanks

Steve
Message 7 of 9

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@welshsteve76 wrote:

Hi @Chris_K

Was this only approved for the Mate 20? I assume so as I have a P20 Pro and am still on Android version 8.1 and EMUI version 8.1.0.159.  No updates available when I do a system update check.

Is there any news on when the new version will be available for the P20 Pro?

The P20 is a different story... Our team approved this way back in mid-December. The update was released initially on the 29 December to a small number of users and will be available to all users by the 25 Jan as Huawei's roll-out progresses.

Message 8 of 9

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks @Chris_K thumbsup

Thanks

Steve
Message 9 of 9