Did you mean: 

Lollipop on HTC One M7

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hiya, M7 users!

So, good news - Lollipop is coming and it's heading your way soon! We're hopeful to have the latest update approved and sent back to HTC over the next few days and if everything goes smoothly, we hope you'll start seeing the OTA update roll out towards the end of next week.

I'll give everyone a heads up when it starts pushing out but if it happens to go out early, please do let us know how you get on and what changes or improvements you've noticed since going from KitKat to Lollipop.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks PTR999
Much appreciated. It's the little things like that, that get missed. I like the slightly altered old grid view. Card view takes too much sliding to see what's there.
Cheers !

Message 11 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
In Blinkfeed,...tapping the phone's "Home" button scrolls back to the top 🙂
Message 12 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers boothy for the blinkfeed tip - i had forgot about that. And only if only there was something like that which worked for all apps across the board.

Message 13 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried 3 times to download lollipop and apply the upgrade today , each time it gets as far trying to upgrade progress screen where the icon goes from green to a red triangle and exclaimation point in the middle of the triangle.

It stays stuck at this point until you force a reset and it reboots back to 4.4.3

Any suggestions? 

Message 14 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has the phone been rooted or modified in any way? Apparently Lollipop won't update if the phone has been altered, & gets stuck at the screen you mentioned.

Message 15 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for reponding, no it hasn't been rooted, the only modification to the phone was a repair to replace the battery. The was done by a local company.  Is there a way to reset the phone to factory defaults?

Message 16 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not saying a hard reset will solve the problem. You will lose your settings & data, but if that's not an issue......
Performing a factory reset from settings

Go to Settings, and then tap Backup & reset.
Tap Reset phone.
To also delete media and other data from your storage card, select Erase SD card.

Tap OK.
.....taken from....
Message 17 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable
Might want to nip into an O2 shop first, before resetting.
Message 19 of 58

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
I think a reset is your only option.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 58