Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V10 "coming soon" to UK

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11991 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Just catching up on some news and found this little snippet - very interesting for those looking at an upgrade or something different.

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_v10_is_on_its_way_to_the_uk-news-15326.php

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

gmarkj
  • 11991 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

I'm going to wait at least until after Christmas (Jan sale anyone?) before starting to look seriously.

For now it's just a case of keeping up with new releases or changes to what's available.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 11 of 22

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I'm looking at the Nexus 5X and 6P too. I have a Nexus 5 (now running Marshmallow) and I like it a lot. I've been into a CPW to take a look at the new phones, but they won't remove the security tether, so I can't tell if the 6P would fit in my pocket.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 22

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

I'm looking at the Nexus 5X and 6P too. I have a Nexus 5 (now running Marshmallow) and I like it a lot. I've been into a CPW to take a look at the new phones, but they won't remove the security tether, so I can't tell if the 6P would fit in my pocket.

At this time of year Lou they are probably worried that you may do a runner with it....:smileytongue:

Seriously though it does seem a silly stance to take....they obviously could lose a sale...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 22

gmarkj
  • 11991 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

The only problem I have with the Nexus phones is the lack of an SD card slot.

While there is no real reason I need one (streaming music rather than stored locally) it does seem a strange thing to do.

Addmittedly the storage options are comparable to what I have now (16gb in phone plus 16gb card) it is the OPTION to increase that if I choose that is appealing.

Particularly when looking at higher res screens and the associated increase in file size to use them!

Message 14 of 22

Bambino
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

At this time of year Lou they are probably worried that you may do a runner with it....:smileytongue:

Seriously though it does seem a silly stance to take....they obviously could lose a sale...

I told them they could hold my phone while I tried the new one, but they wouldn't budge. They won't take one out of the box for anyone to try, because it would then look like a used phone. That's their policy I guess, but in my opinion, not a good one.

@gmarkj I'm also looking at the Huawei Honor 7. Looks very similar to the Nexus 5X and is dual sim or you can use one of the sim slots for an SD card. Might be an option for you as well.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 22

gmarkj
  • 11991 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

It does look good, and ticks most of the boxes for things I am looking for.

Only problem is where it is available - checking uswitch, compare the market, carphone warehouse and even o2 - there is no mention of the Honor 7.

The only Huawei phones on most are the Nexus 6P, the P8 and the Mate S. Some don't even stock those!

Message 16 of 22

Bambino
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@gmarkj the Honor 7 is available on Amazon, and Three sell them as well. As far as the Amazon phones go, if you want one that has NFC capability you would need to get the 64GB model, which is priced significantly higher. If that isn't an issue for you, the 16GB without NFC is very good value sim free.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 17 of 22

gmarkj
  • 11991 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Good spot - one network I didn't look at directly (tried o2, carphone warehouse and some comparison wesbites).

I tend to buy as part of a contract rather than outright - might work out more expensive, but generally don't have £300 sitting around doing nothing!!

Message 18 of 22

Bambino
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I understand. Many people don't have that kind of money spare. It was only a suggestion if you did. You were talking about buying the LG off Amazon.com so I thought you might fall into that category.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 19 of 22

gmarkj
  • 11991 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Might not help me, but might help someone else so thanks anyway!

How do you deal with the "limited" storage on the Nexus 5? Do you store much locally on the phone (music, films, etc) or do you stream most of it?

Assuming the latter, you must need an appropriate amount of data to do so, as well as a decent signal...

Message 20 of 22