cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Anyone experienced problems with LG G4, where the phone won't start up, or gets to the LG Life is good screen and turns off? Tried to do a hard reset but, when I go to the option to erase all data, I press yes and the phone just freezes.

Its still in warranty, purchased on 7/6/2015, but any ideas welcome.

Cheers,

Prem

Message 1 of 229
228 REPLIES 228

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

A positive message for sure.

On a somewhat negative aspect, please check the phone for any physical damage and that the IMEI is correct when you eventually get the phone back 

Message 41 of 229

Anonymous
Not applicable

will do @jonsie

Also have just had a response from my original complaint with O2, they have upheld my complaint Bouncy £20 compensation and my phone will be disptached back to me today to my home address.

Message 42 of 229

MI5
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
All's well that ends well then slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 43 of 229

Anonymous
Not applicable

The response in full - have taken out personal info etc

My assessment of your complaint:
Thank you for letting us know you’ve had a problem and for giving us a chance to help. To do this I
have considered your complaint and all of the issues involved. Having done so, I believe that your complaint should be upheld. I will now explain my reasons why.

My understanding of your complaint:
You’ve contacted us about sending your phone away for repair, but you’ve been advised you have a
12 months warranty. You’re unhappy about this as you actually have a 24 months warranty. You’re
also unhappy about the differences in sending your phone away for repair over the phone or in
store. You’re also unable to track the repair of your phone and you’d like this to be looked into.

My investigation
You upgraded on 7 June 2015 to an LG G4. As this is a 24 months contract, this comes with a 24
months manufacturer’s warranty. I can see that you’ve contacted us many times about the repair of
your phone and tried to track this. To track your phone you can visit
www.o2repairtracking.co.uk. I can see that you’ve also been given different information about the length of warranty your phone comes with.

My actions:
I’ve contacted our Returns and Repairs Team about your phone and can confirm your phone comes
with a 24 months warranty. Our returns and repairs process is different if you return this in store or
online.
For the different information that you’ve received I’m upholding your complaint and I’m sorry that this happened.

I can confirm that your phonehas been exchanged under warranty and will be dispatched back to you today to your home address. As a way to say sorry, I’ve applied a credit of £20 to your next airtime bill, dated 14 February 2017.
Your comments have been taken onboard and will be used tomake improvements to our services for the future and I’m sorry for any inconvenience that this hascaused you.

Next steps:
I hope my actions have resolved the matter for you. If not, please get in touch. My details are at the top of this letter and I’m available Monday to Friday 8.30am until 4.30pm.
We want to do everything we can to resolve your complaint so please let me know if you're unhappy
with my decision.
If we are unable to agree an outcome which you feel is suitable, or if your
complaint remains unresolved after eight weeks from you first contacting us about this issue, you can ask
The Financial Ombudsman Service to look at your complaint. This is a free, independent service for resolving disputes and the details are below:

Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
London
E14 9SR
Message 44 of 229

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5not quite yet got to get the device back and check its ok.:smileywink:

They've missed the point about tracking, I needed the correct tracking reference to track the device which was not given to me by the store, I had to ask chat the following day, and it was the 3rd person that told me the correct TELEF-BK-0000XXXXX.

Relieved its gettting sorted though! What do you think of the response?

Message 45 of 229

MI5
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
It's a shame they couldn't give you the correct tracking link though wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 46 of 229

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone access the site www.o2repairtracking.co.uk? Doesn't open for me.

Message 47 of 229

MI5
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions

premkn wrote: 

Relieved its gettting sorted though! What do you think of the response?

Fair enough response I think.

They didn't have to give you a credit and you are getting a replacement phone after 18 months - sounds like a good deal slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 48 of 229

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5When i spoke to Anovo, they first said exchange then they said the motherboard would be replaced, so not quite sure about that. If it is an exchange, what would happen to the warranty?

Message 49 of 229

MI5
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
It becomes the same warranty as the original device or 6 months, whichever is the longest.

Currently using:
Message 50 of 229