cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 and LG G5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good evening all,

I thought I would post some alarming information I have unfortunately discovered at my own financial loss. I have searched online and on 02 and there is no comms about this.

LGG4 has a manufacture fault that causes the motherboard to over heat and stop working. If you Google boot up loop you will find lots of people suffering with this. As far as I can see LG have not come out about this issue but it is known. There has been no recall and therefore people like me bought a defective device with no warning. I purchased my LG G4 on January 2016 it was a joy to use and I wanted to keep it for a while. However it stopped working a few days ago with this manufacture fault of the LG bootup looping with no start up at all.

From what I have seen online G5 is also doing the same asize I have seen some posts on Reddit. If you do have a G4 be warned that 02 will not replace it for a G4 or upgrade it to the G5.....as they did with me they downgraded me to a Samsung S6 so I have lost a lot of functionality and have a lot of expensive equipment for my G4 that is no longer useful.

May I also add that 02 never informed me of the issue and simply sent me a Samsung with no communication or explanation. Very poor customer service. Which has sealed my decision to leave 02 and move to EE. The way 02 handled this was very bad and unprofessional and the silence to my questions leaves me with little fait has in their company.

If you are looking to purchase a G4 don't. And be cautious of the G5 as it seems to be heading down the same track as the G4.

Has anyone else had issues with their G4 and how did 02 treat you? We're you compensated appropriately?
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Ah I see, perfect compromise slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 22