cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 and LG G5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good evening all,

I thought I would post some alarming information I have unfortunately discovered at my own financial loss. I have searched online and on 02 and there is no comms about this.

LGG4 has a manufacture fault that causes the motherboard to over heat and stop working. If you Google boot up loop you will find lots of people suffering with this. As far as I can see LG have not come out about this issue but it is known. There has been no recall and therefore people like me bought a defective device with no warning. I purchased my LG G4 on January 2016 it was a joy to use and I wanted to keep it for a while. However it stopped working a few days ago with this manufacture fault of the LG bootup looping with no start up at all.

From what I have seen online G5 is also doing the same asize I have seen some posts on Reddit. If you do have a G4 be warned that 02 will not replace it for a G4 or upgrade it to the G5.....as they did with me they downgraded me to a Samsung S6 so I have lost a lot of functionality and have a lot of expensive equipment for my G4 that is no longer useful.

May I also add that 02 never informed me of the issue and simply sent me a Samsung with no communication or explanation. Very poor customer service. Which has sealed my decision to leave 02 and move to EE. The way 02 handled this was very bad and unprofessional and the silence to my questions leaves me with little fait has in their company.

If you are looking to purchase a G4 don't. And be cautious of the G5 as it seems to be heading down the same track as the G4.

Has anyone else had issues with their G4 and how did 02 treat you? We're you compensated appropriately?
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

O2 will stock top end phones but as we know, it's their right and obviously their business plan to stock a phone or withdraw it from sale at any given time. They will review stock and either add a latest phone or stop selling another product based on their own strategy.

Message 11 of 22

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
A friend at work had the boot loop issue.
Sent away for repair (not sure who with) and got a new motherboard on the phone.
Had no issues since.
As previously mentioned, you did not have to accept the phone you were offered as a replacement.
If you also search on here the o2 repairs partner (Anovo) do not have a great reputation.
Instead you should have sent the phone to LG directly.
Regards the camera, Sony are considered to be one of the best - check out the review https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Try-The-Tech-and-other-device/Coming-round-again-Xperia-XZ/ba-p/101898...
Also consider the Z5 as that has a comparable camera.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 12 of 22

MI5
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
A good resource for image quality comparisons here https://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I bought a LG g4 12 November 15 about 8 months old just turned off wouldn't come on bought from ebuyer they did nothing so went to LG sent to them they fixed it dodgy motherboard didn't charge or nothing on also noticed o2 are getting stupid with the phones no HTC 10 or Google pixel and now no g5 which I wanted to get they hardly anything when I was getting a phone so went Sony z5 premium
Message 14 of 22

MI5
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
We'll never understand o2's marketing choices regarding phones either.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 22

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
True mi5 jonsi I now have a s7 lol
Message 17 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 123095 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@liggerz87 wrote:
True mi5 jonsi I now have a s7 lol

Blimey. Last I read on the 17/12 you had the Z5 @Anonymous? A quick change of mind....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 22

MI5
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
What happened to the Z5 ?

Currently using:
Message 19 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I credit history is ****** so mate took out z5 premium cantrct out for me I pay him but I was also paying bt for SIM only they *bleep* me off so got puk code and moved my number over to the o2 SIM I was paying friend so now I only had to pay my mate for o2 he picked z5 compact I payed for his new upgrade gave him my z5 P and I got s7 I did get z5 premium in April last year till only last week gold s7 lol
Message 20 of 22