Did you mean: 

LG G3 Signal issues?

Faithfull
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 35 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi all,

Recieved my new LG G3 on refresh last week after upgrading from a G2. Love the phone, really pleased with it, except i seem to be having signal issues.

At home with the LG G2 i always had 4G signal inside and outside, initially i didnt get 4G, only H. I turned off the phone and back on again but still only H signal.

The same at my work address although i used to get H+, i somtimes get E at best.

4G signal is spot on for my home address and was with the G2 according to o2 covergae checker.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anybody heard about any possible solutions to this issue. I did see on another forum that O2 may be looking into it but not sure if that means it's an O2 or LG problem.
Message 41 of 50

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

It's possible a question that @Chris_K could help with?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 42 of 50

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Simply oh dear 😞
With regards too?

#siwy
Message 43 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
With regards to "The CSA seemed to think H was slower than both G and E."

It's not Possible to direct quote on an iPad or iPhone so putting it directly under the post I thought made it pretty clear what I meant @browni

slight_smile
Message 44 of 50

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I understood perfectly and agree wholeheartedly. Shocking lack of knowledge Grumpy

Message 45 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone on here who suffered signal problems managed to get a resolution or a work around so that the signal level is acceptable?
Message 46 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had All these problems with my lg g2 so exchanged it for Nokia 1020 which has a brilliant signal.

The problem with the lg g2 was it wouldn't hold on to a signal in weaker areas. 

Well I loved the look of the lg g3 and wanted to get back on android so I refreshed yesterday at Cramlington where the staff were excellent.

Well it's 24 hours later and I'm on my way to taking the phone back. The signal is pretty darn poor. It can't lock onto a signal, when it does it is for a short length of time before the red X appears and the searching begins.

Really disappointed. Put sim card back in nokia this morning and signal has three bars. Yes I live in a rural setting with weak signal but nokia does OK where lg won't even entertain it.

Great all singing , dancing phone that has all the bells and whistles but unfortunately can't do the basics of making or receiving a phone call or text. Tried lg customer services last time but got no where so I shall not bother this time.

My advice, unless you live in an outstanding area of high signal strength forget it.

Message 47 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very true.

No point having a handset that does lots of things without being able to hold onto signal

I like the aesthetic look of it too. 😞
Message 48 of 50

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's a sad fact that anyone would reasonably expect top end smart phones to have equal signal strength in any given area. Sadly we find this isn't the case and it disappoints me that manufacturers don't concentrate on the primary function of a phone. Shame!

Message 49 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I have a theory about these signal issues some of us are having.

I'm on my 3rd LG G3 and still have signal issues (when using an O2 SIM).  It seems to only affect 3G (HSPA and HSPA+).   GSM, GPRS, EDGE and 4G seem to be fine.

I've driven around and compared the signal (a bit sad I know) using a Galaxy S3, my old iPhone 5 and my LG G3, with SIMS from all UK operators.  What's odd is that I have no signal issues / drop outs when using a Three or EE SIM in the phone, they perform as well on the Galaxy, iPhone and G3.  In fact, the G3 gets a better signal than the other 2 most of the time.

But chuck in an O2 SIM and the G3 is significantly worse than the iPhone or Galaxy (using a couple of PAYG SIMS I got from O2).  I know in addition to the 2100Mhz frequency that all of the other operators use for 3G, O2 use the 900Mhz band too (as do vodafone), so thinking maybe the G3 doesn't like that band?

Just to clarify, the issue is that in weaker 3G areas, my G3 just can't hold onto the signal and there are long periods with no reception at all.  This would be fine if the Galaxy G3 and iPhone were also dropping out, but they don't.  Some people are saying this phone awesome 3G signal, others are saying it's terrible.  I'm thinking it could be more based on the mast and frequency you're connected to, i.e. 2100Mhz is great and 900Mhz (that Three and EE don't use), doesn't work so well with this phone.

Has anyone else looked into this, or tried another operator's sim without issues?

Message 50 of 50