Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 Roll out started

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147236 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/01/23/samsung-rolls-out-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean-update-to-the-galaxy-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 1 of 596
595 REPLIES 595

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great thanks! 

ive read somewhere that the official firmware for the I9100P (NFC chip) phne is available, will I be able to use that in odin rather than the german rom?

Message 461 of 596

MI5
  • 147236 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions
The only official "P" ROM that has been released is an Italian one for their network "TIM". Since that post I linked you to the UK O2 ROM has been released (non P version) so that is your best choice at the moment until the correct one for your phone is released. You will not get NFC function though with anything other than the Italian ROM.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 462 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brill thanks, Would I need an unlock code if I put the I9100 o2 firmware on it?

Message 463 of 596

MI5
  • 147236 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions
Honestly I don't know. Logically no but I wouldn't be certain. If it was the same phone version you'd be 100% fine but with yours been the P version I'm only 99%.
Message 464 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok thanks... decisions decisions decisions

If i atttempted it and it needed an unlock code would i be able to revert back?
Message 465 of 596

MI5
  • 147236 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions
It would be safest to get the unlock code and unlock phone first. But you could root the phone and make a back up of your efs folder then you could revert back if it failed miserably. Back up to your pc though so it's safe.
Message 466 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had an online chat with an adviser about this. I asked when it would be available she told me that it was already released. I told her that i was trying to get jellybean my using kies and the manual update on my phone, and that all i was getting back was " no update available". Her reply was that must already be running the update, but i told her i was on 4.0.3 and that jellybean was 4.1 . After a few mins she came back telling me to visit my nearest store.

Why do O2 make it so difficult? a mate at work has his s2 on vodafone and his automatically updated to jellybean about two months ago.....
Message 467 of 596

MI5
  • 147236 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions
I made a thread here of what is and isn't available yet http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Guide-to-Samsung-S2-amp-Jelly-Bean-Upd...
Message 468 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks mi5. It looks like i have the PO2U version. I seen on the other thread that o2u is o2 branded, but what does the P mean?
Message 469 of 596

MI5
  • 147236 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions
The P is the NFC version of the phone. If you don't use NFC function you can flash the stock O2 ROM for the standard phone.
Message 470 of 596