Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 Roll out started

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/01/23/samsung-rolls-out-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean-update-to-the-galaxy-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 1 of 596
595 REPLIES 595

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just got a software update icon appear, but the phone won't update.

I've got a GT-I9100P which is unlocked, and I'd previously installed a JB 4.1.2 non NFC update until O2 released their own last week.

I downloaded the update and installed it (so I could get the NFC capability back). It didn't work fully, so I did a factory reset, and the phone's been working ok ever since (I9100PXXLSS PDA).

Along with the phone not being able to carry out the update which it is displaying (it says "processing failed" when I accept the terms and conditions and try to register), the phone's not being recognised by Kies either.

A bit of detective work has led me to find that since the I9100PXXLSS PDA update, the phone now doesn't have a CSC. It just says "CSC unknown".

I want to be able to use Kies (even though I think it's rubbish), and I want to be able to accept and receive updates in the future. Does anybody have any idea what I should do? Should I re-install the O2 update from Sammobile? If anybody has any ideas please let me know.

Message 591 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Quite possibly the last update has screwed up the CSC code but only a problem if you want to use Kies. Personally I'd stick with the manual approach - more freedom and you can vet updates and hold fire so others can test pilot them.

I guess at the moment you still have a missing CSC niggle. I think there's a key sequence you can dial to set this but it wipes the phone. Reflashing will (should) set it too but of course also resets the device. And to cause more agro, I've read that the correct way to update is wipe, flash, wipe and then load your stuff.

Me? I'd stick with the manual update method.

Jonty.
Message 592 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

I re-installed the O2 GT-I9100P update.

Although I've got to install a few apps, and change a few settings, the phone has a CSC.

Kies recognises it, and it should get OTA updates in the future (if there are any more for the S2),

The reason I wanted to do this is I'm giving the phone to my son, and I don't think he wants to be bothered my manual updates (unlike me who loves this sort of stuff).

I've purchased a second hand unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note II, so I'm looking forward to getting and using it.

Thanks to everybodys help, I'm sure I'll be back.

Message 593 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable
OTA update failed each time for me, kies worked once I had charged the phone. So far everything seems to be working ok not sure if any faster and still want to test things fully. Only speed increase I have noticed so far is the speed it takes a photo.
Message 594 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im going to be annoying...... I was expecting the latest version of Jelly Bean, or at least 4.2

When will my poor Samsung Galaxy S2 get 4.2 UUUUURRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Message 595 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chances are it won't happen.

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/07/30/galaxy-s2-might-not-get-android-4-2-update-due-to-adjustment-pro...

The S2 has been fantastic, but it looks like it's finally reaching the end of its life.

Message 596 of 596