Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 Roll out started

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149604 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/01/23/samsung-rolls-out-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean-update-to-the-galaxy-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 1 of 596
595 REPLIES 595

MI5
  • 149604 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Same script? Hope they are correct however.

True, but it's hopeful that someone wrote that into the script and it wasn't the individual making it up wink

I'll go ask myself and see what answer I get back wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 451 of 596

jonsie
  • 94098 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 452 of 596

MI5
  • 149604 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

So, hot off the press....

info:
Welcome to O2. A Guru will be with you soon. 
info:
You're through to Guru ramond. 
ramond:
Hi I'm ramond. How can I help? 
Rich:
Hi, I am trying to find out when O2 will release Jelly Bean for the Galaxy S2 with NFC. It's the GT-I9100P phone ? 
ramond:
I'll check this for you. 
ramond:
Can I have your full name and mobile number? 
Rich:
Richard 07********* 
ramond:
Thanks for the information. Please give me a few minutes while I check this for you. 
Rich:
OK 
ramond:
Thanks for waiting. 
ramond:
Richard, The Android has not released the Jelly bean update for S2 yet for O2. 
ramond:
Once it's available we will update it on the website 
Rich:
Do you have any idea when? 
ramond:
I'm sorry they have provided any time but it will be release soon as they have provided it for Sony now so they next update will be for S2 samsung model. 
Rich:
Ok thanks for your time slight_smile

I did get offered 20% of all accessories though Smiley Very Happy
Message 453 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just thought I would add a reply to this as I visited the same thread when I was hoping my s2 would get the jelly bean update over kies.

The how to links in the thread are accurate, I had never done it before and after a few failed attempts* I managed it, took about 5 mins and my device is running: GT-I9100_NEE_I9100XWLSD_I9100OXXLS6_I9100XXLS8

Still need to factory reset everything as I think the battery is running down faster.

Took me a while to suss that I was running XEU firmware (UK Ireland)  - got the device from phones4u, so just fyi if you got it from there it is probably unlocked.

gotchas for me were that you have to run Odin as an admin.

*For some reason the download would not start from my PC - just sat there with the ominous "Downloading Do not remove source / download" on the phones display.

Holding the power button restarted the phone with no ill affects but it was obvious Odin was not doing anything.

I did exactly the same from my laptop and it worked first time, looking around it was probably down to the usb port - it has to be into the mother board.

Message 454 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I'm getting a "Status 7" error when loading the custom SuperNexus rom. Any idea how to et round this?

Message 455 of 596

MI5
  • 149604 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi

I'm getting a "Status 7" error when loading the custom SuperNexus rom. Any idea how to et round this?

PM sent

Message 456 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

Followed your instructions from this thread, CM Recovery loaded no problem, Status7 on loading Build4. Previous ROM was O2 official JellyBean from Sammobile. I've checked the download was OK, and retried withthe same result. Thanks for all your help.

Message 457 of 596

MI5
  • 149604 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

You will need to flash build 2 then build 4 without wiping the phone (just clear cache and dalvik in advanced). The asserts have been changed in build 4 to stop people flashing the wrong device. There is a modified download available but the server was playing up yesterday. Not sure if it's fixed now or not. http://sql1309.vacau.com/I9100/I9100...0-BUILD4.1.zip

Message 458 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Ive been keeping an eye on this thread for updates on when the JB update for the I9100P will be available. Ive got stock o2 firmware and its getting slow and keeps crashing. ive decided to update to the standard I9100P software using odin but dont have a clue what to do. ive read about it somewhere but cant find it lol

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Message 459 of 596

MI5
  • 149604 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Post #174 here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Jelly-Bean-for-Galaxy-S2-Roll-out-star...
Message 460 of 596