cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei p9 nougat update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone notice that their p9 isn't showing up on their o2 app just number and has anyone received an update to nougat yet I contacted Huawei and they said my firmware was a custom one from o2 and couldn't tell me a date contacted guro online and he said it's up to Huawei to release the updates confused
Message 1 of 218
217 REPLIES 217

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Indeed.... Not good!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 51 of 218

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@TeeEmm wrote:

I cant believe that those in the know cant even be bothered to give us an update!

Sorry for not having any updates sooner but we’re currently awaiting a final build of the P9 Nougat update for testing and don't really have anything new to share we're afraid.

We’re unable to comment on the availability of the update on ‘open market’ devices (eg, SIM-Free phone where updates are sent to you directly by Huawei) but we’ll continue to work closely with Huawei to get this out to our customers as soon as possible. We’re unable to supply any ETA but we’ll keep you posted when we get any new info we’re able to share.

Thanks for your patience. Again, as soon as we know more from Huawei, we'll let you know.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 52 of 218

TeeEmm
Level 1: Joiner
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Chris_K.

Thats enough for me to know that O2 are working on this. Thanks!

Message 53 of 218

TeeEmm
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Almost at the end of Q1 2017...

Still waiting!

Message 54 of 218

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The comments from O2 above did not indicate anything would be arriving by end of Q1, in fact it did not indicate that anything would be arriving at all.
If you are desperate for the update you would be better off flashing it yourself as it will be a long wait for O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 55 of 218

TeeEmm
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
The comments from O2 above did not indicate anything would be arriving by end of Q1, in fact it did not indicate that anything would be arriving at all.
If you are desperate for the update you would be better off flashing it yourself as it will be a long wait for O2.

Dont really want to do that with my 6 month old phone. I have been told that the warranty would be void!

Message 56 of 218

TeeEmm
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just saw this on the hotukdeals forum:

EMUI 5.1 has been announced Seems like O2 won't be releasing the Nougat update to P9

Anyone know if this is the official line? If so, I will never buy from O2 again

Message 57 of 218

TeeEmm
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:

Sorry for not having any updates sooner but we’re currently awaiting a final build of the P9 Nougat update for testing and don't really have anything new to share we're afraid.

Just been on the Huawei Chat Line:

• Hank said:

Your device has O2 firmware. This currently is not due to for an update, as O2 has not signed off on the EMUI 5.x update yet.

• You said:

Any idea when... As they say its with you guys

• Hank said:

That would be incorrect on their part. The update has to be signed off by O2. We do not have a timeline on that, as they are a third party.

So it looks as if O2 have really washed their hands off this and are keen to sweep it under the carpet and concentrate on the next models!!!!

Message 58 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, its getting serious, and official announcement needed. At least.
Message 59 of 218

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions