Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei mate 20 pro WiFi calling

NeilC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm trying to set up WiFi calling on my Huawei Mate 20 pro, can anyone tell me if it works on my device? I've sent the request to start it but can't see the setting anywhere.
Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@NeilC

Your device isn't supported currently but we are told it's being worked on and will be coming soon.

Keep checking here https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling 

and info regarding wifi calling from O2 here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/The-New-Huawei-Mate-20-Pro-is-now-available/m-p/1167297#M...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@NeilC

Your device isn't supported currently but we are told it's being worked on and will be coming soon.

Keep checking here https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling 

and info regarding wifi calling from O2 here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/The-New-Huawei-Mate-20-Pro-is-now-available/m-p/1167297#M...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 16

NeilC
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Many thanks, I thought that might be the case with it being a new phone.
Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hope the wait isn't too long.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 16

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

This is what annoys me about O2 is the unavailablity of hardware features available on other networks. You get this on Samsung and Apple mainly.

"

• iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone X, iPhone Xr, iPhone 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6s Plus, 6s, 6 Plus, 6, SE
  • Samsung Galaxy S9, S9 Plus, S8, S8 Plus, Note8, S7, S7 edge and J3 2017, A8, A3 2017, A6, J6, J5 (2017), A5 (2017), Note9, A7, J6+, J4+, A9
  • Sony Xperia XZ2, Xperia XZ3, XZ2 Compact, XZ Premium, Xperia XA2, Xperia XZ1, Xperia XZ1 Compact
  • Oneplus 5, 5T, 6, 6T
  • HTC U11
  • Doro 8035"

Christ, even Doro gets support but nothing else. I don't know what is the requirement to allow this to happen as it uses data to stream your calls like TuGo used to. 

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 5 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Notably absent are any LG phones...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 16

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

LG's can punch above their weight with good screen panels, design and use of modern chipsets. They're capable of the same things as Samsung etc. Basically O2 have chosen not to support that. As far as I know EE does for G5 and G6. The catch being you need their firmware with the provisioning.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 7 of 16

Medalat
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Been waiting since (early November) still nothing- I was wondering if it had anything to do with the "Huwaei" security concerns.  I too note that Dora and HTC are there as well as Sony and of course Samsung.  Beginning to doubt whether it will ever happen.  Might be time for a recycle and a Samsung 10 although I love the Mate 20 which is a premium piece of kit.

Message 8 of 16

Wi-Fi1
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Don’t hold your breath. I was once under the impression that my LG G6 was also going on WiFi calling by O2. This never happened. I felt deceived.

Message 9 of 16

tubbyfatman
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

first time of being a o2 customer and it will  be my last  took this phone out on contract after the shop assiant said it would do what i want which is wifi calling as im out in the country side and signal here is not always that good to find out the phone does support wifi calling but o2 doesnt support the phone even though there is a setup guild showing you how to do well done o2 make yourself look like complete idiots 

Message 10 of 16