Did you mean: 

Huawei P10 Oreo Update

GClisby
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I was hoping to get some indication of when the Huawei P10 will receive the Android Oreo Update? I have noticed that other network carriers have rolled this update out to P10 handsets on their network - but i am still not seeing any update from O2.

When i have contacted O2 about this, they have previously mentioned that they are awaiting the update from Huawei - however last month i emailed Huawei support which checked my IMEI and stated that the Oreo update was launched and that i should receive the update last month.

Since purchasing this handset in October 2017 there has been no updates rolled out to my handset which is operating on firmware released in Feb 2017 with security patches almost 18 months out of date!!

Can any other P10 users provide any indication if their handset has received this update as yet? Or can someone from the O2 support team look into this and provide a response?

Thanks

G

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

GClisby
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes, still no update appearing for me. Hardly surprised if I am honest.

Oreo aside, the fact that the Nougat version that O2 have held onto since Feb 17 has never been issued any updates to account for security, functions, stability or performance is pretty appalling.

So happy I pay over £40 per month to a network provider over 24 months to make sure we get the best customer service.
Message 11 of 30

GClisby
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had a review of the Huawei P10 Firmwares that have been issued by Huawei via the Huawei Firmware Finder App and lsited below the versions that are listed for my model (L09C432B113) and also includes the various system improvements / enhancements that we cannot have on our devices due to being on O2.

• B113 – March 2017
    • Improved System Performance and Stability
    • Fixes issue with Camera Launch with Google Voice
    • Fixes camera preview screen not displaying correctly in certain situations
  • B123 – April 2017
    • Optimises camera performance for better image quality
    • Optimises system stability for smoother operations
    • Optimises touchscreen sensitivity
    • Integrates Google Security Patches
  • B133 – May 2017
    • Optimises power consumption for extended use
    • Optimises WiFi performance
    • Optimisese the UI content display
    • Deleted Trip Advisor App
  • B150/151 – June 2017
    • Adds Moving Picture, enabling dynamic pictures in Standard Mode
    • Optimises Camera for more natural colours
    • Optimises power consumption for longer use
  • B152 – August 2017
  • B162/164 – August / September 2017
    • Adds Mirrorlink to pair your phone and vehicle to operate phone through vehicle screen
    • Adds a prompt with a navigation button guide
    • Adds VoLTE feature
    • Adds VoWiFi feature
  • B171 – September 2017
    • Adds VoLTE feature
    • Adds VoWiFi feature
    • Adds Cloud feature, enabling upload of personal data such as contacts and calendar events to Cloud
    • Adds 3D panorama in camera allow to take dynamic images
    • Adds feature to enable dynamic images to Magazine Unlock images
    • Optimises the UI text display wizard on some interfaces
    • Optimises startup wizard steps
  • B175 – October 2017
  • B179 – November 2017
  • B201 – November 2017
    • Adds VoLTE feature
  • B180 – December 2017 / January 2018
    • Adds VoWiFi feature
  • B185 – January 2018
  • B186 – February 2018
  • B360 – February 2018
    • Optimises front fingerprint navigation performance
    • Fixes issue with some apps not responding when navigating to home screen in landscape mode
    • Fixes weather apps being unable to refresh in some areas
  • B365 – March 2018
    • Android 8.0
    • EMUI 8.0
    • Adds floating navigation dock
    • AI based optimisations to deliver enhanced stability, fluidity and speed
    • Faster system boots, videos more fluid and images/thumbnails load faster
    • Enhanced security and protection for system with improved security updates to system and PrivateSpace
    • Optimised ProvateSpece menu
    • Contacts and Email sync improvements with Linkedin App
    • Redesigned Settings
    • Gallery recycle bin
    • Simplified Phone Manager
    • Dual Bluetooth connections
  • B369 – May 2018
    • Adds Face Unlock feature
  • B370 – June 2018
  • B371 – July 2018
  • B374/375 – August 2018

Just goes to show some of the features that our phones / firware are capable of delivering - but we do not have access to.

Message 12 of 30

Jb
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Can i ask why this is now solved when this is an ongoing issue that is clearly not yet solved. Still no update and very poor from O2 many months after other smaller suppliers have updated their customer handsets. When I purchase a top of the line handset I expect a steady flow of updates to ensure my phone is secure and running as it should
Message 13 of 30

GClisby
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes O2 set this to solved when i had posted about the 20th August date - not sure how i can revert this to an ongoing issue.

I have been having some further chat with O2 Live Chat about this charade and will post an update on how i get on later. The customer service has been shocking.

Message 14 of 30

GClisby
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I decided to make a complaint to O2 about this and went onto Live Chat. Raised the issue i had been experiencing over the past year and cited examples of other network providers and other handsets receiveing updates and as a Huawei P10 owner on O2 i have received nothing.

The person said that the issue i was experiencing was due to a manufacturer issue and wasnt an issue with O2 at all. I then asked if that was indeed the case, then why is it that there has been responses from O2 to confirm if will be issued 'soon' or '20th August' when it really doesnt have anything to do with them. I never really got a response on that one as they couldnt really answer as to why this has happened. Incidentally, i also mentioned i had contacted Huawei in April asking about this and they informed me (from checking my device firmware and IMEI) that it was relesaed in March/April and it would be reaching me shortly.

I was told to wait and he would put me in touch with the Technical Team - but it seemed they were too busy to deal with this so i was asked to contact O2 again today to try and get hold of them - i guess its just too much to ask that they would try and coordinate this from their side....i think that would be classed as good customer service i suppose! So today i duly obliged and made contact....same thing, not time from Technical Team. So my complaint has been raised to the complaints review panel who will be providing me with a response in 3-5 days.

I have sent another email to Huawei trying to seek clarity on the feedback from O2 on this matter and awaiting their response.

Message 15 of 30

Albabarn
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Wow, what a shock. O2 pushing the blame into another company when other phone carrier's have already updated their p10 stock.
Nice to see passing the buck to hide their disregard for customers is alive and well.

Think I might look at the legal requirements if there are any for a carrier to keep their software restricted up to date from a security patch point of view.
Message 16 of 30

GClisby
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got a response from the O2 Compaints review team - to summarise they have informed me that they are not upholding my complaint as there is nothing they can do about providing a date for the software update.

They have informed me that if i am not satisfied with this (not sure why they beleive i would be?!) then i can take this up with the Ombudsman.

As an aside, having spoke with Huawei about this - they have taken my build version, IMEI etc and are looking into being able to push out the software update directly to my phone. I have reminded them that this isnt just about Oreo and that i was seeking a solution to ensure any subsequent updates be provided to my handset. I still have a week to wait until their timeline expires so just playing the waiting game for now.

As for O2, i will be communicating back to them that i remain unsatisfied with the level of response that i have been provided and see where that can go.

Message 17 of 30

Albabarn
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Fingers crossed Huawei can do something, might set precedent. O2 actually called me about an early upgrade on another contract!
Lack of "official" response on this thread shows they really don't care about the smaller customer groups.
Message 18 of 30

GClisby
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes fingers crossed. It has now been over the 2 week period that Huawei mentioned and still no update, so I have emailed them this morning to see if the update has been pushed out or not. Hopefully get a response soon.

It has also been a week since I emailed O2 with my response to their letter regarding my complaint and I havent heard anything back from them as yet. Poor stuff yet again, but will keep at them until I am satisfied with their response.

Message 19 of 30

Jb
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm actually still baffled at how a flagship phone can be sold by a big company such as o2 and not receive an update like this I have never known it before its shocking.
Message 20 of 30