Did you mean: 

Huawei P10 Oreo Update

GClisby
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I was hoping to get some indication of when the Huawei P10 will receive the Android Oreo Update? I have noticed that other network carriers have rolled this update out to P10 handsets on their network - but i am still not seeing any update from O2.

When i have contacted O2 about this, they have previously mentioned that they are awaiting the update from Huawei - however last month i emailed Huawei support which checked my IMEI and stated that the Oreo update was launched and that i should receive the update last month.

Since purchasing this handset in October 2017 there has been no updates rolled out to my handset which is operating on firmware released in Feb 2017 with security patches almost 18 months out of date!!

Can any other P10 users provide any indication if their handset has received this update as yet? Or can someone from the O2 support team look into this and provide a response?

Thanks

G

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

PlanerEB
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes a very poor services from both manufacture and O2. I'll be taking my business elsewhere when contract is up.
Message 21 of 30

Jb
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
To be honest I think huawei aren't at fault here. Vodafone customers got the update back in april so I think the blame sticks with O2 on this one. I won't be staying with o2 for my next phone either. Been a loyal customer for a long time and it's a shame they have treat customers like this
Message 22 of 30

Albabarn
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm going to try firmware finder, see if that works. If it does I'll do my best to shout everywhere O2 are on the proper way to support a phone.
Amazing how OnePlus and O2 support their line years after they were released, maybe because OnePlus didn't let O2 ruin the phone by modifying the software?
Message 23 of 30

Lorenzocap
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello, do you have any further update on this. Any luck with firmware finder?
Message 24 of 30

Albabarn
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Nope, can find the firmware, but can't download it.

Assuming O2 still don't care about this issue.
Message 25 of 30

Jb
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Seem as though I'm able to upgrade soon think it's time to switch carrier depending on what deals are about. O2 have been shocking not updating a flagship phone that other carriers have supported. Doubt it will be a huawei phone too great phones but again feel a bit burned with lack of software updates my p10 plus only 18 months old but now 2 versions of android behind
Message 26 of 30

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Chris_K  has been called a couple of times to this thread. I will mention him again in the hope he comes to update you all on the situation...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 30

Joegoron
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have made some research. According to the firm version number(c432), these are sim free phones. (Haven't tried with other provider's sim) Huawei customer service told me, there are several approved firmware updates already sent. Is it possible that THE provider is blocking them?
Message 28 of 30

Albabarn
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cleoriff good luck! O2 are going down the good old "la la la I can't hear you" form of customer service. It's a bloody disgrace, not only does it provide a poor customer experience but it also leaves the users with a handset that's a security risk due to the negligent approach to security updates.
Message 29 of 30

Albabarn
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It's Arrived! literally just downloaded and updated successfully onto the P10.
Good luck all! Thanks to whoever is in O2 that has been working on this, next time maybe communicate with your social media/cust service team 🙂
Message 30 of 30