Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Level 1: Joiner

Re: Huawei P10 Oreo Update

Yes a very poor services from both manufacture and O2. I'll be taking my business elsewhere when contract is up.
Jb

To be honest I think huawei aren't at fault here. Vodafone customers got the update back in april so I think the blame sticks with O2 on this one. I won't be staying with o2 for my next phone either. Been a loyal customer for a long time and it's a shame they have treat customers like this
Topics: 1

I'm going to try firmware finder, see if that works. If it does I'll do my best to shout everywhere O2 are on the proper way to support a phone.
Amazing how OnePlus and O2 support their line years after they were released, maybe because OnePlus didn't let O2 ruin the phone by modifying the software?

Hello, do you have any further update on this. Any luck with firmware finder?

Nope, can find the firmware, but can't download it.

Assuming O2 still don't care about this issue.
Jb

Seem as though I'm able to upgrade soon think it's time to switch carrier depending on what deals are about. O2 have been shocking not updating a flagship phone that other carriers have supported. Doubt it will be a huawei phone too great phones but again feel a bit burned with lack of software updates my p10 plus only 18 months old but now 2 versions of android behind
Topics: 677

@Chris_K  has been called a couple of times to this thread. I will mention him again in the hope he comes to update you all on the situation...

*The Game Is On*

I have made some research. According to the firm version number(c432), these are sim free phones. (Haven't tried with other provider's sim) Huawei customer service told me, there are several approved firmware updates already sent. Is it possible that THE provider is blocking them?

@Cleoriff good luck! O2 are going down the good old "la la la I can't hear you" form of customer service. It's a bloody disgrace, not only does it provide a poor customer experience but it also leaves the users with a handset that's a security risk due to the negligent approach to security updates.
Highlighted

It's Arrived! literally just downloaded and updated successfully onto the P10.
Good luck all! Thanks to whoever is in O2 that has been working on this, next time maybe communicate with your social media/cust service team :-)