cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get my o2 ICCID

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently bought a Nexus 4 from google and used my o2 simcard which I cut down to size using an online template - everything works just fine except I may need to know the ICCID as I have had the same simcard for ages and it has all my numbers and I always like to keep my same phone number - When I go into the settings of my phone I can get all other settings except it is not actually showing my phone number or the ICCID either?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

Can you not still read it from the back of the sim?

I'm guessing it got lost when the sim was trimmed to fit the new phone...?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The nexus 4 won't show your number as android doesn't read/write those details unless they are programmed into the sim. I'm not aware it will read the ICCID for the same reason.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I contacted o2 do you think they would know my ICCID?

Message 3 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I'm sure it will be logged somewhere, yes. If you can put your sim in a nokia or blackberry you can get the info off the sim settings menu and write it down to keep safe.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

I'm guessing it got lost when the sim was trimmed to fit the new phone...?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes think you probably right there - I should have located the number before I trimmed it 😞

Message 7 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Yes I've just checked my old one and it certainly would get chopped up, I'm so glad I got a micro sim! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did get the micro sim and was trying to swap the number on o2 site but couldn't get it right and gave up and trimmed mine!  it does work fine but it's just a problem if I ever changed phones again and wanted to keep my same number!!

Message 9 of 10

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I did get the micro sim and was trying to swap the number on o2 site but couldn't get it right and gave up and trimmed mine!  it does work fine but it's just a problem if I ever changed phones again and wanted to keep my same number!!

Same thing happened to me. Ordered a new microsim and it arrived, o2 simswap completely failed - best bit was that it told me it was an invalid code after sending me the text message! Then kept telling me it failed when I had done everything right! After a discussion with o2 live chat, they put through an order and sent me another microsim. Apparently having logged in and entering my details it didn't put it through as an order. Though I question that but hey, I followed the process so I could blame someone wink

Yet again the abysmal o2simswap site failed and after a rather pleasing live chat session, they did the transfer for me. A few hours later, it was working and I got to use my Nexus 4 a week after arriving! BTW, I did have to give the long sim number which might be a touch problematic for you.

Message 10 of 10