cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send emails/texts from Galaxy Ace 2 - please help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is my first ever smartphone, and I am optimistic I will eventually get the hang of it! Of course I'll probably run into a few minor bumps along the way and this is the first of hopefully not very many!!

I've just set up my email address [yahoo] and am able to compose emails, but when I hit 'send', a 'connection error' comes up and the emails stay in the outbox, ie. they haven't been sent.

Similarly my texts are being saved to drafts and not being sent either.

How do I successfully send emails and texts so that they go through to the sentbox? Do I need to make adjustments to the wi-fi or bluetooth settings?! Or does this have something to do with data?!

Also is there a constant wi-fi connection for this phone or do I have to connect to a new one each time?

Any help is much appreciated!!

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144873 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
For all Pay Monthly customers, your message centre number is +447802000332. Open your message app and then settings. Find message centre number and check it is correct. Your phone will find the free wifi when you scan but you will still have to log on. Usually, when in cafe's for example, you need to select the wifi connection then open your web browser. This will direct you to a log on page. After completing the details it asks for you should then be connected to the wifi. You will not be able to use wps to connect. You must scan then enter your password for your router to connect. Wifi or cell data on your phone are the only ways to get an internet connection. There is no charge for the Yahoo mail app.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144873 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Right, much to take in. For texts you need the correct message settings. Are you contract or PAYG? For emails you need the correct smtp settings. For yahoo you can download an app off Play which is preconfigured and might be easier for you https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.mail&feature=nav_resul...

Wifi willl require that you log into each hotspot you come across. At home for example, once you have connected once the phone will reconnect everytime your phone is in range. If you go somewhere with a different wifi connection you will need to log in again, but the phone will remember that for the next time too, and so on.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, thank you for your reply!!
With regards to the text settings, I am on a contract.

Thank you for the link to the Yahoo app; do you know if I need to pay for it up front or will it be added to my phone bill?

I also have a gmail account which I did set up via the installed app, but quite a few times there has been "no connection", probably due to lack of wifi. But if there is "free wifi" in a cafe for example, will my phone automatically connect to it?

Speaking of which, there is an option to connect with WPS - at home I pressed the WPS button on my internet router within the 2 minute time-limit and nothing happened. Can you tell me why?

Also, is wifi the only way to connect to the internet? I also saw something to do with Kies[?!] but again, no idea what this means!

Sorry for all the questions!! Thanks again, in advance!

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144873 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
For all Pay Monthly customers, your message centre number is +447802000332. Open your message app and then settings. Find message centre number and check it is correct. Your phone will find the free wifi when you scan but you will still have to log on. Usually, when in cafe's for example, you need to select the wifi connection then open your web browser. This will direct you to a log on page. After completing the details it asks for you should then be connected to the wifi. You will not be able to use wps to connect. You must scan then enter your password for your router to connect. Wifi or cell data on your phone are the only ways to get an internet connection. There is no charge for the Yahoo mail app.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah brilliant, thank you for your help. I'm currently charging it up at the moment so will give your suggestions a try when it's full of juice!!

One final note for tonight[!], when you say "scan", is that an electronic scan inside the phone or literally scanning with the camera on those barcode things!?
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144873 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
I mean when you go to wifi settings and scan for wifi connections.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you!! I'm such a n00b.
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144873 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
We all have to start somewhere slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8