Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please (abroad)

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122943 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi, as some of you will know I am in Spain...was very wary of taking new Samsung S3 with me as it would be the first time on contract and unsure of all the ins and outs. Did as you suggested and turned mobile data and data roaming off as I only want to phone and text...Have been here since saturday and all well...until today! Phoned my daughter in UK..all connected chatting away and then we were cut off..(well we were still connected but she couldnt hear me, I couldnt hear her!) Tried again anotther 4 times and the same happened again and again. Luckily i had brought my PAYG mobile with me and rang her on that. No problems. Rang CS on 202 and she said she would refund the connection fee as a goodwill gesture but maybe it was a network problem? I didnt think it was as my PAYG phone on same network (Movistar) and that didnt drop out. So whilst in the middle of the call to CS phone dropped out again! So guys I am asking if you have any ideas? Its going to be an expensive do if I get charged 50p every time i make or receive a call only for it to drop out after a few minutes!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 39
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can see how frustrating it must be I would keep on at O2 though I wouldn't let it go its free to call cs from abroad so give them some hassle till they do something

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

MI5
  • 144386 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Have you got the Tugo app installed? If you have, when connected to wifi, make a call using Tugo. It will come out of your contract mins so you will not get the 50p charge (must be on wifi connection though).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122943 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

No didnt bother installing that as my apt block hasn't got Wifi and i only ring and text when in apt. Didnt have any problem since saturday when I arrived...this just started this am

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122943 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Just tried to ring daughter again on samsung...two minutes and the same happened. Still connected but we cant hear each other...picked up Motorola PAYG rang her on that ...no problem at all... so who knows? Seems i have got this S3 to save money when in Spain and the reverse is happening!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Doesn't sound right at all I would be inclined to ask O2 to investigate what's happening it should be quite clear for them to know that you wouldn't keep ringing for 2 minutes knowing you would be charged 50p every time
Message 5 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

The suspicious part of my personality thinks that maybe this is happening 'accidentally on purpose', as it is strange it only happens on the phone that they get an extra 50p from every time you call....!

Message 6 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
I see your point but would hope not
Message 7 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122943 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi damien1...I did ring CS but problem was a) She kept insisting it was a network problem when it clearly wasnt as my PAYG Motorola on same network (movistar) was working fine and b) the Samsung S3 dropped out halfway through my call!! She didnt ring me back....

Anyway here i am in Spain with my S3 which I feared would develop some sort of problem (being new to Smartphones) and it has after only 5 days. Thank god i have my trusty Motorola PAYG with me (a not so smart phone BUT it works!) Just so annoyed that I took on this contract and this phone in good faith to save me money when i come to Spain and the opposite is happening :((

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can see how frustrating it must be I would keep on at O2 though I wouldn't let it go its free to call cs from abroad so give them some hassle till they do something
Message 9 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122943 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions
Will do damien and thanks...good to actually chat to someone who isnt ready to blame me..or a foreign network!! Going to get some SUN now and take my old WORKING Motorola with me!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 39