cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has my Sim Swap Worked correctly??

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, this might just be one of thoughs things, but i thought id better check and see, just case someone else has had this happen and its been a fault. basically my old sim turned out to be faulty, after i spoke to an o2 agent on here they tried to communicate with the sim after me not being able to get online anywhere, and the sim was not responding to the comands. so they sent a new sim out to me. i went to the sim swap page and as they dont tell you which sim serial number to enter, i entered my old sim, got my code, thought all was well, but no, 3 days leter my sim was still active. so i went back to the sim swap page thinking i entered the wrong serial, this time i entered the new sim serial number, got my code and waited, again nothing.

so today i spoke to an o2 agent again on here who sorted this out for me and was very good aswel, 10 out of 10 for them. my old sim stopped working 2 hours later so i popped my new sim in, and asked my mum and a few friends to text me on my old number (from the old sim) and i got there messages and calls ok. however theres one thing iv noticed that has not changed.

the phone number for the new card has not changed. i have a Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, i can check the status of the sim, network etc on it, if i go into sim status, the number the card was programmed with is still appearing, instead of my old number which i wanted to keep as i already passed it around. is this normal???

i initially thought that doing a sim swap, being told your number would also be swapped, this meant your sim card was re flashed or reprogrammed with the new info, but now it seems all they do is mask the new sim with your old sim details, i mean surely the sim wont work using both number old and new??

i could be way off the mark here iv never done a sim swap so iv no idea.

but i take my hat off to o2 customer services on here, they honestly cant do enough for you to help.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149000 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions
O2 & Voda send out SIM cards with a number programmed onto them which becomes the phone number when activated.
EE send blank SIM's then push a number to the SIM when activated.
Three send blank SIM's (as replacements) and never push a number to them....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
As long as your sorted out.

slight_smile

Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah just as MI5 described it. That is the issue i was trying to describe. Badly lol sorry for the confussion guys. I just thought when i was told my number would carry over to the new sim. That the number would be replaced visably on the phone too. Its a bit of a pain as i didnt even memorize the number so now im having to ask for others to tell me my own number lol having the option to go into my settings and view it was a god send at times. So now iv had to save my own number in my contacts list. Hope i dont ring myself by mistake and wonder where my credit has gone! Duhhh lol
Message 13 of 13