cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapped SIM cards with hubby now neither one works in my old iPhone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My old iPhone 3GS, yes old, works perfectly but I had a new phone so gave it to my husband, we are both on o2 classic payg, his sim is not recognised by iPhone, says invalid sim. Put my sim back in and same message. Help anyone?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Sounds like the action of removing the old sim may have damaged the sim carrier in the phone.
Firstly I would try a known working sim just to be sure, then if still not working, try your local market phone repair stall for a new sim reader.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Sounds like the action of removing the old sim may have damaged the sim carrier in the phone.
Firstly I would try a known working sim just to be sure, then if still not working, try your local market phone repair stall for a new sim reader.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

But my old sim is a working sim, working fine in my new Samsung phone, and my husbands sim is also a working sim, works fine back in his old Alcatel one touch , any ideas?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Proves that the iphone is faulty.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4