Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC one or Galaxy 4

Bonnie007
Level 3: Thinker
  • 25 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I can't make my mind up which one to get.  I love features that both offer.  I've previously owned the galaxy 3 which I did really like, then went back to iphone 5 which I now HATE.  Seems so old fashioned in comparison now. 

But I have read so many reviews on htc and galaxy that I am now undecided which to get!  I like the look of the HTC and the tiles on the front but feel that the icons look 'old' where as galaxy looks richer.

I use my phone a lot for emails, facebook, twitter, texting and photos.  

I have been into shop 3 times now thinking I had decided but then change my mind again arrgghhh.

Anyone else been undecided? 

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bonnie007
  • 25 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Ok scrap that, gt it working.  I hadn't logged out of icloud doh lol x 

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yeah, me slight_smile Let me know when you decide slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

The HTC One seems to win out in most reviews as far as build quality goes, and many reviews say that the Galaxy S4 is gimmicky, but there have been some posts in the forum that some people have had issues with the HTC One microphone. It's a difficult choice to make.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 18

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
For me, it comes down to how much you value the option of an external SD card and a removable battery.... The HTC has neither of these. Other than that it comes down to which phone you like the look of better. Historically, Samsung have been more proactive with software updates, but it's too early to tell if HTC's stance will change for the One.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bonnie007 and welcome to the community slight_smile

Allow me to assist you in your dilemma - check out my review of the HTC One http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HTC-One-user-review/td-p/442814 and also see my follow-up after 2 weeks ownership.

Whichever you choose, enjoy your new toy slight_smile

Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
 Historically, Samsung have been more proactive with software updates, but it's too early to tell if HTC's stance will change for the One.

Already received software update 1.29.401.12, which is a 229mb with main improvements for the camera (not sure it needed improving IMO) so I reckon HTC are going to do whatever is necessary to ensure the One stays top dog and lure buyers from Samsung (and Apple for that matter)

Should be noted that my handset is unbrabded tho - over to you o2 wink

Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

***unbranded***

Can't blame the phone or the rum for that one!! Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Yeah, me slight_smile Let me know when you decide slight_smile

Have you got 'hands-on' with the S4 yet MI5?

Message 8 of 18

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Not had a proper play. Manged to get to look at one on display in Tesco but it was fixed to a plinth. All you could do was stab at the screen.... I like to have a hold and a feel wink

Currently using:
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Not had a proper play. Manged to get to look at one on display in Tesco but it was fixed to a plinth. All you could do was stab at the screen.... I like to have a hold and a feel wink

Filth!!! Where's Toby with his delete button!! Smiley LOL

BTW, did you notice that that was your 8,000th post slight_smile

Message 10 of 18