cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One X WiFi & Call Quality issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

A few weeks ago my One X updated to 4.2.2, and since then it's been a bit of a mess.

My WiFi reception is brutal, sitting in the same room as the router i get slow speeds and a low signal strength. Moving out of the room is not an option, it won't even connect anymore. I am very mobile, and this is the case for all wireless routers at home, friends houses and work.

Also, the call quality is terrible since the update. I can't say that the One X has ever had the greatest call quality but now it's shocking, to the point i can bearly here the person on the line, it's just so quiet.

Are these issues that others have come across, is it a known issue or just my bad luck?

Thanks

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

phonegohome
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My router is usually rebooted at least once a week and is an ASUS RT N66U, which has one of the best Wifi Signals there is out there, but my iPAD, laptop, all work wirelessly in the same room that my HTC ONE X now fails in - obviously it used to be fine before this update.

This also occurs on the work wifi too.

Message 11 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
We know it's a firmware issue - Talk to HTC....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 17

phonegohome
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 thanks for your input I have emailed HTC Support about this. Also didn't realise they give a two year warranty...Bonus!

Message 13 of 17

MI5
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
Its just firmware - A quick update will fix it but HTC need to get their ar$e in gear and sort it.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 14 of 17

phonegohome
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

so been in touch with HTC and they have asked me to clear the cache using a combination of keys and choose "best performance for Wifi" option.

Now they next step is for them to "Now if you still have the same issue we may need to take the phone from your address to HTC repair center via UPS"

I'm assuming this isn't a hardware problemso can't see why it has to go to a repair centre. So not sure to send it back to them or not - especially as it's Christmas and most people will be starting Xmas breaks and I need my phone.

Message 15 of 17

MI5
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
I doubt it is hardware either.....
Message 16 of 17

phonegohome
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

so now just been on phone to them and had to do the same reset I did last month, which didn't fix the problem first time. So will have to call them to pick up my phone to look at it- even though there is nothing wrong with the hardware.

I asked if they could just gove me the ROM to downgrade but no such luck.

Seems a bit pointless all this as my contract runs to beginning of March and will change phone then...

Message 17 of 17