cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One X WiFi & Call Quality issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

A few weeks ago my One X updated to 4.2.2, and since then it's been a bit of a mess.

My WiFi reception is brutal, sitting in the same room as the router i get slow speeds and a low signal strength. Moving out of the room is not an option, it won't even connect anymore. I am very mobile, and this is the case for all wireless routers at home, friends houses and work.

Also, the call quality is terrible since the update. I can't say that the One X has ever had the greatest call quality but now it's shocking, to the point i can bearly here the person on the line, it's just so quiet.

Are these issues that others have come across, is it a known issue or just my bad luck?

Thanks

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

I contacted HTC in late September about this and received this answer.

we have heard that there should be a fix to this problem coming soon, but unfortunately we don't have an exact date, so in this case I would just keep an eye after updates on the phone, if it doesn't show up by itself you could go in to settings- about- software updates- check now.

So far, no update.  We can only live in hope.  A smartphone is not much good without wifi.

Regards.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
A few have noted poor wifi performance, but I'm not aware that call volume has been criticised.
Have you done a factory reset since the update?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

From the symptons you have described sounds like the radio isn't working properly.

I've had similar with HTC's in the past - I would suggest you backup your device and then completely re-flash the latest firmware.

Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't say that the WiFi performance was ever fantastic on the HOX, and have noticed it marginally worse than before the 4.2.2 but not drastically so.

I haven't had any change in call quality.

Message 4 of 17

jonsie
  • 94421 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

I contacted HTC in late September about this and received this answer.

we have heard that there should be a fix to this problem coming soon, but unfortunately we don't have an exact date, so in this case I would just keep an eye after updates on the phone, if it doesn't show up by itself you could go in to settings- about- software updates- check now.

So far, no update.  We can only live in hope.  A smartphone is not much good without wifi.

Regards.

Message 6 of 17

phonegohome
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since the update my wifi range is rubbish. I hope O2/HTC/Android fix this ASAP as my phone just constantly disconnects and loses range, in the older software no problems at all 3 rooms away from my router!

Message 7 of 17

phonegohome
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Done a factory reset as recommended and the Wifi signal is still appalling. Any one know of a real fix for this? Probably  anew phone wink

Message 8 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Have you tried a reset of your home router?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@phonegohome wrote:

Done a factory reset as recommended and the Wifi signal is still appalling. Any one know of a real fix for this? Probably  anew phone wink

Ask HTC as it's their issue.......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 10 of 17