cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One X Jelly Bean update - any news

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea when the HTC Jelly Bean update will be released for the One X?

I understand the forthcoming HTC One X+, listed as an October release on coming soon, will come with Jelly Bean already installed, does this mean other HTC Handsets should get the update a bit quicker, as I assume all the "testing" that O2 normally do on updates will already have been carried out for the new handset.

Message 1 of 356
355 REPLIES 355

Anonymous
Not applicable
Come on O2 testing is compete, release it already!
Message 91 of 356

womble-wwfc
  • 20 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

keep clicking on check now every few minutes to wake the servers up, that was the advice I was given (mine is unlocked tho) & after half a dozen messages telling me no updates were available it then found one & updated

PS apparently 4.2 is imminent as well

Message 92 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just had this conversation with an o2 guru. Lol this is starting to get ridiculous. O2 why don't you just make one announcement and make it clear what stage you are at. Other carriers have beat you to it. Makes me less likely to buy from you again...

Mack: Hi I'm Mack. How can I help?

David:hi was looking to see when jelly bean is being relessed for htc one x?

Mack: Whenever a new software is launched by the manufacturers, we investigate and make sure that there is no issues in it which may affect the phone. Once it's done, it's shared for all our customers on our website.

Mack: As of now, the investigation isn't done, so you'll have to wait for a few weeks until it's launched by us.

Mack: Your patience and understanding is appreciated.

Mack: slight_smile

David:thanks
Message 93 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's funny because they are saying testing is compete on their twitter feeds. Just saying.
Message 94 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I know I have saw those tweets.  What I am complaining about is that staff at o2 seem to not have the same information.  On one hand we are being told its iminent then on the other a couple of weeks.  Surely a big company like o2 can share information properly so its staff know whats going on.

Message 95 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm guessing here but I've just spoken to an o2 guru online and the reply I got was word for word identical so I reckon its a standard crib sheet and o2 haven't updated it yet. Hopefully the info on Twitter is more up to date otherwise my crimbo is gonna be spent debranding my HOX.
Message 96 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
i hope o2 do hurry up.

is debranding the same as rooting the phone. i dont mind debranding mine as i dont use it on o2. use a giffgaff sim. only got the phone on o2 as it was the cheapest around or would of got it on sim free.

i root it but sky go wont work on rooted or it didnt on my rooted htc desire
Message 97 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
http://www.o2-deals.co.uk/htc-android-update.html

Says its released....Ahem...no its not - come on O2!!!
Message 98 of 356

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

That's not an O2 web site!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 99 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's not an O2 web site!

"What this means for you is that O2 HTCs will now be able to take advantage of Google's redesigned user interface, Google Now, an enhanced keyboard and the deliciously named 'Project Butter'."

This is crap actually, because I bet HTC Sense will hide most of Google's "redesigned user interface" and the "enhanced keyboard" also will not be used as HTC has replaced that too!

P.S.  I have used the Jelly Bean "enhanced keyboard" on my TF201 tablet.  Compared to ASUS effort it is the brown smelly stuff that drops from dogs bottoms! Smiley Indifferent  I suspect the HTC keyboard will be better too.

Message 100 of 356