cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M8 OTA w/ Unlocked bootloader

Anonymous
Not applicable

Firstly I'm just wondering when the last o2 htc m8 update was out? I've explained below why slight_smile

I'm just wondering if anyone has managed to update their One m8 with an unlocked bootloader? I stupidly rooted, unlocked the bootloader and installed a custom recovery.  I've managed to unroot and reinstall the stock recovery but haven't relocked the bootloader.  I'm just wondering if I will receive OTA updates now?  I'm just wondering if an update has came out or if anyone knows when it will be out so I can check? I last updated my phone around the 10th april when I bought it so just wondering if there have been anymore since then.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hi Dan
Having an unlocked bootloader should not have any effect on OTA updates - Did you get the 4.4.3 update that was released on Aug 22nd?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi DanMaytee,

how did you unroot and go back to stock recovery? I am not able to find a stock recovery image for my CID O2___001. Any help will be much appreciated. 

Message 3 of 3