cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC ONE Purple Pictures

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any one else getting purple/pink pictures when taking pictures in low light conditions. I've got the latest Android Version 4.3 and done a hard reset but its always the same in low light the camera screen goes purple and the pictures are purple as well. This happens any where from dark to low light conditions.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adam really !!

I'm sorry I didn't use a description up to your high standards.

I'm sure the op doesn't want this on their thread. It's good you apologised.

Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a recognised fault with some HTC One handsets, if the 4.3 update hasn't cured it then the handset is faulty - send it back to HTC (don't use your provider's repair service)

Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I dont use a screen protector but it is in a case but regardless of if the case is on or off the problem remains the same. I have since googled the issue and killer_queen is correct it appears to be a hardware problem which is afflicting many HTC ONE mobiles
Message 13 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
That's not good news for you unfortunately.
Suggestion is always to go to the manufacturer for repairs rather than O2's dodgy repairers.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
The main goal is to have the issue resolved.

So As many possible remedies thrown at a problem is the best way forward IMO.

Hopefully yours will now be.
Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an HTC One, which fortunately doesn't suffer with this (or any other) issue, but from bitter experience I can say with complete confidence DO NOT use your network providers repair service - always go direct to the manufacturer if your phone is still within their warranty period

Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
As the phone is only 6 months old and has a two year warranty I will be able to get it fixed. I doubt that O2 would be able to get the HTC ONE open to repair it any way. However I have read on the HTC site to return the phone to the supplier and so I will need to investigate further.
Message 17 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
You could try CPW as they are authorised repairers for all manufacturers. They are very good too, never had any bother with their repair network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 18 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
You could try CPW as they are authorised repairers for all manufacturers. They are very good too, never had any bother with their repair network.

I have used CPW's repair service in the past and can agree with MI5, they were efficient and helpful

Message 19 of 19