Did you mean: 

Galaxy S7 unlock question

CJ_Blue
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 16 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All.

I've just upgraded to a new phone on pay monthly (Galaxy S8) and I've requested my current S7 to be unlocked using the My O2 app.

I take it I don't need to leave the sim in the S7 until it's unlocked , keen to start using the new phone slight_smile

Thanks,

CJ

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You don't need to have the sim in the phone. You should receive the unlock code by email and when you put in another network sim it will ask you to enter the code. After that the phone is unlocked. If you are passing the phone on just give them the unlock code.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions
Message 2 of 12

CJ_Blue
  • 16 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hi @CJ_Blue A guide to unlocking here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

Thanks , I did read through the guides and the unlock's requested. Just not clear what happens next - I'm not in a rush for the unlock I just don't want to mess it up.

Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Once it's unlocked O2 will send you a text to let you know https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/unlocking-an-o2-mobile-to-use-on-a-different-netwo...

It could take 24-48hrs.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You don't need to have the sim in the phone. You should receive the unlock code by email and when you put in another network sim it will ask you to enter the code. After that the phone is unlocked. If you are passing the phone on just give them the unlock code.

Message 5 of 12

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @CJ_Blue Good morning! I'd love to know how you're liking the S8 if you've tried it yet?

Good info above from our members about the unlocking process (thanks @Cleoriff and @jonsie!), please take a look and let us know if you have any further questions. slight_smile 

Message 6 of 12

CJ_Blue
  • 16 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Thanks , I'm passing the S7 on so I'll wait for the code slight_smile

Message 7 of 12

CJ_Blue
  • 16 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Hey @CJ_Blue Good morning! I'd love to know how you're liking the S8 if you've tried it yet?

Good info above from our members about the unlocking process (thanks @Cleoriff and @jonsie!), please take a look and let us know if you have any further questions. slight_smile 

Morning @Marjoslight_smile I setup the S8 yesterday evening, lovely phone, I was impressed with the S7 when I got it and I think that the S8 so far is an improvement on that, be interested to see what Samsung come out with next.

Thanks for all the replies from everyone, nice to get a good welcome slight_smile

Message 8 of 12

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@CJ_Blue wrote:

@Marjo wrote:

Morning @Marjoslight_smile I setup the S8 yesterday evening, lovely phone, I was impressed with the S7 when I got it and I think that the S8 so far is an improvement on that, be interested to see what Samsung come out with next.

Thanks for all the replies from everyone, nice to get a good welcome slight_smile

Great to hear you're liking the S8 @CJ_Blue! slight_smile 

Hope to see you around on the forum sometimes!

Message 9 of 12

CJ_Blue
  • 16 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just popped back to say I got the unlock code by email this evening so just under 24 hrs for a response and now I have the code ready for when it's needed and I can enjoy playing with the S8 slight_smile

Message 10 of 12