O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Cancellation

[ Edited ]

I want to cancel my contract on my mobile number xxxxxxxxxxx with immediate effect.

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

Topics: 480
Solutions: 8,826

Re: Cancellation

@Fredric you need to contact customer services to do this on 202

Guide here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/hig...

Please also remove your number as the forum is public.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Lumia 950 Dual (O2 & Sfr) and Z3 Tablet (Three UK)
iPhone7 (EE)

nil desperandum

It can't be done with immediate effect @Fredric You need to read the link given above and understand about possible fees.

Level 59: Quartermaster

[ Edited ]

It does amaze me sometimes that people think they can just post a statement, totally oblivious to the fact that they have a contract they are obliged to take care of, and that it isn't something they can just walk away from simply by posting on here.

Topics: 40
Kudos: 329
Blog Posts: 1
Solutions: 27

Bambino wrote:

It does amaze me sometimes that people think they can just post a statement, totally oblivious to the fact that they have a contract they are obliged to take care of, and that it isn't something they can just walk away from simply by posting on here.

That's because people don't read the T&Cs before signing a contract. It's not just O2 either. I've seen it with John Lewis, Waitrose, M&S, Amazon etc etc. Everybody's in a hurry these days: they rush into a contract and then expect to rush out of that contract before completing the terms and conditions of said contract. 

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using a Samsung S8+

Exactly that @Glory1 and @Bambino, it's really amazing how many people don't read them until it's time to get out of a contract they can't afford or all their friends are on much better tariffs at lower costs. Even then I many seem to think they can change straightaway by just giving  a days notice and going with a new network tomorrow.. I'm not saying this is the reason the OP has decided he needs to end the contract today......😉

Topics: 40
Kudos: 329
Blog Posts: 1
Solutions: 27

Let's hope the OP reads this thread and doesn't cancel his DD based solely on his post. Otherwise he'll wind up being chased by O2 for unpaid bills which will affect his credit rating.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using a Samsung S8+
Topics: 597

Also, I hope @Fredric comes back to read these comments. It's quite apparent from his one and only post  that  he/she thinks they are talking to customer services instead of a community forum...Smiley Sad

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 480
Solutions: 8,826

They were tagged last night so they will have got the emails then.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Lumia 950 Dual (O2 & Sfr) and Z3 Tablet (Three UK)
iPhone7 (EE)

nil desperandum

Topics: 597

MI5 wrote:
They were tagged last night so they will have got the emails then.

Let's hope they were read then...

*The Game Is On*