cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S7 seal broken

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I got a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge today from the O2 store.

Once I got home, I went to open it and noticed that the seal had been broken.

On opening the box I noticed that there was a finger print on the box.

I was annoyed at first, then checked everything else and everything seems ok...

I I set the phone up etc and thought it will be ok.

However now it is bugging me, got the phone 3 days before release and why was it opened?!?!

On the seal it says "Do not accept if seal is broken. Caution sealed package. If seal has been broken or tampered with, do not give clear receipt unless contents are examined in presence or delivering agent".

It is really annoying me now, I may take it back and cancel the contract as in 14 day period; unless they give me another handset which is sealed!

What do you think?

Message 1 of 124
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

It is entirely up to you. The box should have been sealed no question of that. As you collected it instore I would worry that it had been looked at by store staff. This isn't their job to do this unless anything has to be added to the box. If that was the case it should have been done whilst you were there

If it was me I would return it... though it will be difficult to prove now that the seal was broken (as you have used it) .

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 124
123 REPLIES 123

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

It is entirely up to you. The box should have been sealed no question of that. As you collected it instore I would worry that it had been looked at by store staff. This isn't their job to do this unless anything has to be added to the box. If that was the case it should have been done whilst you were there

If it was me I would return it... though it will be difficult to prove now that the seal was broken (as you have used it) .

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 124

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Someone has obviously wanted to see the phone first hand. Presumably all the contents were sealed in plastic bags? If not return it but the phone is hardly likely to be second hand or used before. Personal choice mate. Me? I would be calling 202 and asking why....

Message 3 of 124

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Had the seal been broken or was it just not stuck down fully?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah all the items were in the plastic; the plastic on the phone had finger prints on it so I know someone had been in it. I will give them a call; thanks for the number

Message 5 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah the seal has been broken

Message 6 of 124

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I'd be asking questions too then.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 124

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Personally, if it were me, I'd send it back. If the warning says don't open if the seal is broken, that's what you should have done. I know you want your new phone, but if you don't send it back and you have a problem because it was tampered with, you can't blame anyone but yourself, and it will have to go back anyway.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's sorted now, they will swap the handset for another one within the next 1-3 days.

Lesson learn't!

Message 9 of 124

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Good to hear slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 124