cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 problem with camera/video zoom

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got Galaxy S4 and although I am not stupid I could not get the camera or video to zoom. Pop up kept saying 'not available in this mode'. Well I tried all of the modes and nothing happens, my friend has the same phone and they could not get mine to work either. Thought it might be faulty and o2 have done a swap but this phone is the same. there must be something i am not doing although I have seen from previous posts on other sites that this 'note available in this mode' is a common thing. I have not even used the phone for calls/text and if I cannot get this fixed in the next 2 days I will terminate the contract as still within the 14 day grace period. I need help desperately but be warned I am not up to date with all the terminology but i hate to be beaton when something like this happens. Over to you!!!

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I had the same thing you need to update the software on your phone go to settings,more about device then software update

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I had the same thing you need to update the software on your phone go to settings,more about device then software update
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, 

like damien1 said, update your phone to the latest software and problem solved slight_smile

Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks I will try that and et back to you
Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
No problem let us know how you get on it should work just fine slight_smile
Message 5 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
If you used search you would have found the solution much quicker wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

well it was quite some time for all the software to download but.... nope it still will not zoom in/out. I think life's too short to spend this much time on what should be a relatively simple thing? I may try one last chat with an o2 bod then give up! Quick someone get me a phone with a dial!!!!  

Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
How are you trying to zoom because I had the exact same message with mine after I upgraded to 4.3 it works fine by pinching the screen
Message 8 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
You may also have to factory reset after the firmware upgrade.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am pinching the screen and also trying the control button on side of phone but no luck with either i'm afraid. i have tried every mode but really everything should work in auto mode??

Message 10 of 19