cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 problem with camera/video zoom

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got Galaxy S4 and although I am not stupid I could not get the camera or video to zoom. Pop up kept saying 'not available in this mode'. Well I tried all of the modes and nothing happens, my friend has the same phone and they could not get mine to work either. Thought it might be faulty and o2 have done a swap but this phone is the same. there must be something i am not doing although I have seen from previous posts on other sites that this 'note available in this mode' is a common thing. I have not even used the phone for calls/text and if I cannot get this fixed in the next 2 days I will terminate the contract as still within the 14 day grace period. I need help desperately but be warned I am not up to date with all the terminology but i hate to be beaton when something like this happens. Over to you!!!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
As MI5 says you may have to do a factory reset make sure all your stuff is backed up first
Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

nothing to back up as i am refusing to do anything with it until i get this bleeding camera to work!!! i will try the reset and if no joy, the sound you will hear is my head banging off a brick wall, thanks for all the advice

Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let us know how you get on
Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

useless!! they checked everything and the only solution is for a 3rd replacement. no way i am going down that road so tomorrow its o2 customer service and termination of a contract that never got started!!

Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
It really is strange because that's the same thing I had and the software update cured it
Message 15 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
Did you do the reset?
Maybe pop into an O2 store and get them to look if it's something silly.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it does seem very strange
Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, the problem is that you have set Resolution 1920x1080 which is HDMI , if you change it to 720x480 u will be able to zoom in/out. Switch on camera- settings- and choose the resolution which suits u. 720x480 makes good enough video. Good Luck
Message 18 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

LOL - Exactly why we should never "assume" wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 19 of 19