Galaxy S4 BTU KitKat firmware

Anonymous
Not applicable

:smileyhappy:Has been released 

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is for the notification panel when you pull down the status bar. I ment along the top where the battery icon and mobile reception are

Message 41 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well so far for me touchwiz seems a little slower with up date. I use pin lock screen and with some album art on lock screen it makes it hard to see the numbers. But am going to give it a couple of days to settle down (does android need that)
Message 42 of 47

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143407 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, and as I mentioned on your other thread you may need to do a factory reset too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 43 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes did factory rest before and after installing kitkat

Message 44 of 47

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143407 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It may be a bug as I notice it has been mentioned on other forums (both sluggish lock screen & NFC not working) but as with all new things it will take time for people to have a play and investigate any fixes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 45 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't know if NFC is working or not, I can enable it with the toggle or in settings. I have also read in some other forums that the nfc icon in the status bar is enabled by some networks and not by others, so it may well be working and they may have left the icon out of the open uk firmware. It would be good if someone else that has installed the open firmware could tell us if theirs is there or not
Message 46 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok so far not impressed by the up date. According to GSam battery monitor with Jellybean I was getting 1d 11h 21m (8h 56m 0s active usage), now with Kitkat getting 18h 45m (6h 14m 0s active usage) It also seems more sluggish as well. Before I installed Kitkat I cleared cache and reset data and after I installed kitkat I cleared cache and reset data. Have got exactly the same apps installed
Message 47 of 47