cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 Face Unlock Disabling Pin Code?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, first of all would like to say Hello. I'm a veteran O2 customer being with them for 10+ years but this is my first time on the forum.

I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S3 about a week ago, from an iPhone 4S (I didn't like the stretched look of the iPhone 5 but that's a whole new debate there!)

Basically I have an issue which is really annoying me, I have enabled Face unlock. Quite a cool feature and also have the backup code if anyone else (my partner) want to use the phone. However I would like to "re take" the photo for face unlock as I believe I need to be in a slightly less lit room as it sometimes has difficulty when I'm outside unlocking. 

I have gone into Settings>Security>Screen Lock and am greeted with a screen that says "Confirm Pin" I type my unlock code in and it says "Sorry, try again" 

I can't for the life of me think what this code could be as I know the unlock code for the phone and believe it to be that. I have not entered any other code for the handset.

I have tried 20 maybe 30 times to try this and have also tried several codes that I often use for other things thinking I may have entered something wrong.

I have also searched google for hours trying to find anyone else with the same problem and it seems that it is only me with the issue!

Please help 

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
In reference to your original query - there's an option to "Improve Facial Recognition" if you didn't see it already, which allows you to store more than one "face" style at a time. I have mine set with my glasses on, off, headphones on + off, even with me wearing a pink sweatband on my head!

View solution in original post

Message 19 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
Does your unlock code unlock the lock screen (as opposed to using face unlock) ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes my unlock code unlocks the screen without the use of face unlock. Lets say for arguments sake my unlock code to unlock the phone is 1234. So wait for the phone to say "Sorry don't recognise you" then it goes to the keypad screen for a numeric code. I enter 1234 and the phone unlocks.

I enter 1234 to change my face unlock photo into the security settings and it says "Sorry, try again".

I'm seriously starting to think this is a glitch or something. 

Message 3 of 21

jonsie
  • 94349 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

MI5
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
Yes, I'm thinking it might be wanting the default security PIN too....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just tried 0000, not the password Smiley Frustrated

I even went down the route of disabling the Swiftkey keyboard. Rebooting and then trying with the standard Samsung keyboard (I had Swiftkey when I originally set the face unlock but thought it was worth a try)

And no luck... As I said I'm seriously thinking there is a glitch with the handset. 

Thanks for all the valued responses! slight_smile

Message 6 of 21

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
As much as I am no cpw fan, they do have a quite good on site tech support.

If they can't sort on site they will say and then prob suggest to send it to Samsung.

(Psst... while at cpw buy a cheap O2 fone as it will be better than the.loan fone at £25)
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

My contract is direct through O2? So will not be able to visit CPW? Good suggestion though.

In all fairness I can have a brand new GS3 for £25 with the insurance I have and it will be delivered next day!

I just have everything setup the way I want, and also believe if I backup this device the error will transfer over?

I think i'll just have to leave it for time being and hope someone else gets this issue too!!

Message 8 of 21

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
Actually cpw will look at it. I've used them for this reason several times over the yrs.

If u have insurance thats great. All that happens when u back up ur SGS3 is u save ur photos tunes calender.

Go ... settings... accounts.... then SYNC

When u get ur new droid, u log it all in again as it goes through Set Up.
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok then, I have a cpw in the town I live so can just pop up after work. I also got my partner to have a look and see what she thought (also an android user) and explained the problem. And she agrees it seems to be a glitch or a fault with the software. 

I can use the phone perfectly well its just I cant change the face unlock or the pin code to get into the device. Not really a problem! but I wanted to improve the facial recognition.

Thanks. 

Message 10 of 21