Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S20 Not Receiving Android Updates

Gm5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I bought my Galaxy S20 over a year ago and have been with o2 the entire time. Since I bought the phone, it hasn't received a single update. No Android 12, no security updates, nothing. The only odd thing I can find about the phone is that the servicer provider software version is registered as "TIM" which corresponds to an Italian version. I called Samsung, they said this doesn't matter and the only thing holding back my updates is o2. I called o2 and they said the S20 hasn't received any updates in a year (this is factually incorrect). Anyone have any idea what is going on? Thanks. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6274 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1434 Solutions

My Luxembourg based  S20+ has updated fine on both Vodafone and O2

O2 use Vanilla firmware so should not be a problem

You can search on this site to find the latest for your phone

https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s20-june-2022-security-update-rolling-out/

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Gm5 were you able to sort it out?

Message 3 of 5

Gm5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Rafa, no not yet. Honestly, don't really want to go the manual firmware route in case something goes wrong and it voids my warranty. May just return the phone unless I find a solution from o2. 

Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Gm5 

It  has nothing to do with o2, it is Samsung who control the update process, and it looks like your phone has been missed by SAMSUNGS update service. 

Updating manually does not affect the warranty, at all. 

If you have had the phone over 14 days, then if you want to return it then o2 will just send it off to Samsung, unless you pay off the device plan in full... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5