cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Wifi not working @ McDonalds!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ye gads.. I had to sit in McDonalds today trying to access the free O2 Wi-Fi with no result. I was connected with full bars and it recognised me from my registration with O2 Wi-Fi, however every time I used the address part of the default WiFi browser (Android ICS) or the home page Google search (O2/McD’s) it just kept returning to the home page again.

Am I doing missing something wrong or was the WiFi router on but not the cable modem?

I am not sure that I can face going in again and suffering those screaming kids!!! 

More info

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I too have had frustrating times with McD wifi even with the O2 wifi app and Bt wifi app.

When it did connect it was Very slow too.

Now I stick to using the network. Safer too.

Edit to add link https://www.o2wifi.co.uk/news/article?id=4
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149361 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
One of the few places that is usually quite reliable. I guess they must of had a problem.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I guess it is more PeeWee than WiFi!

Thanks for your input Guys!

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93979 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Never had a problem with McD's wifi and the speeds have generally been very good. It must have been a problem with that particular branch.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
In the branches of McD that I have been in, I have been able to access their wifi direct I.e. Not via o2 wifi app but directly onto their own.

It may be that the o2 portion might not have had the capacity at that time or more likely if it was busy in the branch at the time that so many people were using it that there was little bandwidth left to use?
Message 6 of 6