cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty phone - want replacement

Anonymous
Not applicable

So frustrated with O2 right now. My Sony Xperia Z5 Premium started playing up less than 6 months after I got it.  It has been in for repair 3 times and each time it has come back there has been no improvement at all.  It takes an eternity to fully charge, goes red hot whilst charging, and drains continuously even when I am not using it. 

After the latest repair attempt I have asked for a replacment, to be advised I would need to send it away yet again and then I would be offered a refurb.  Er...no.  I am not paying £600 for a phone to be fobbed off with a refurb that is prob knackered as well. 

Now I am waiting on a call from the management team which could take 3 days apparently.  I have been with O2 for over 10 years and have never had any problems but this is ridiculous. The phone is faulty, they can't fix it after 3 attempts and I'm locked into a contract on a knackered phone.  

Does anyone know what my rights are ? 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

After the 3rd repair you are supposed to be offered a replacement phone either the same as you have currently got or similar spec

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

After the 3rd repair you are supposed to be offered a replacement phone either the same as you have currently got or similar spec

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's what I thought. Guess I'll have to wait for the phone call. I don't want another z5 it seems to be a common problem.
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous It is highly unlikely that they will call you back whatever they say so I suggest you chase up customer service 

Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 123063 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

You wont get a call @Anonymous You will need to do the chasing. Give them a ring in the morning http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144594 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
You may wish to consider a complaint to get things moving along http://www.resolver.co.uk/
However, in order to manage your expectations, the T&C's do say that replacements may be refurbished phones if faulty outside of the first 28 days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all for your replies. I will chase it again tomorrow.
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144594 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
Best of luck and let us know how you get on please.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 123063 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Good luck @Anonymous wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable