cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty device, poor customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am so frustrated, weeks ago I upgraded to a Samsung phone, paid off my contract and waited for it to arrive. Which it did fairly quickly, unfortunately the phone would not charge and was really really hot within a couple of minutes, I contacted, o2 they said it must be faulty and as I was still in cooling off period they would send a replacement and arrange collection of the faulty one. A couple of days later I received an email stating that there was a shortage and a delay of a few days, left it a couple of week, contacted them again, still no joy. To,d to ring customer services, which is quite impossible when you work during the day. Now I want to cancel my contract return the phone and be refunded for the. Device plan but can't get to speak to anybody. Does anyone else have problems trying to actually speak to a person?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144500 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
Try calling early morning around 8-8.30am
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would love to but at work Monday to Friday and haven't been successful at weekends ☹️

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you left it a couple of weeks to chase it up you will be out of the cooling off period so that maybe an obstacle

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144500 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
28 days if device is faulty.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the OP was promised a phone within a few days you'd think they'd have it by now

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144500 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
100% agree.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update - still not able to make contact, managed to take some time out of my working day to try a few times, but a 30 minute waiting time makes it quite difficult

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144500 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
I'd make a complaint about waiting times and asking then to initiate contact about your faulty device http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous has your replacement phone to be delivered yet? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 10