Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Echo when calling son

RCL
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I use a Xperia z on O2 my son is tmobile S4 he is currently working away from home and I have a very big echo when I call him

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
We've heard of the "echo" effect before.

It's the network connection which is nothing you can rectify personally. 😞

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
We've heard of the "echo" effect before.

It's the network connection which is nothing you can rectify personally. 😞
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@RCL wrote:
I use a Xperia z on O2 my son is tmobile S4 he is currently working away from home and I have a very big echo when I call him

If you are sure he's not in the toilet when you call him ask him if he has his phone in a case?

Sometimes they can have an effect but most likey network related as bob suggests..... slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I'll get things checked out at the other end.  Just one question before I do that - is it the settings in the SMS stock app that need to be checked?  if someone uses a third party SMS app can the settings in that override those in the main app?  I guess 'check everything' is the way forward 🙂

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yes, check both places, just to be sure wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

RCL
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
He does have it in a flip case it came with but I find EE in general does echo as quite a few family members are on various of the EE networks and they always have some sort of echo mind I know EE has problems in the area also
Message 6 of 6