cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't call or text to T-mobile numbers from my S3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm having problems calling or texting a specific mobile number.  Everything worked fine until about a week ago, but now my texts are not received and if I call the number it diverts to the T mobile voicemail even when I know my friend's phone is on and receiving other calls.  I suspect it may be a problem calling the T mobile network as this particular number is on that network.  I don't know this for sure, but I don't think many of my contacts are on T mobile but the one I'm having problems with definitely is.

I've tried a few things like deleting and reinstating the problem contact, retyping the SMS message centre number. I also went to Kies and checked the firmware and it's up to date (I wanted to try reflashing the firmware but couldn't see how to do that?).

Any suggestions gratefully received!  TIA

Kate

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning all, I'm afraid I've been wasting the forum's time - somehow my friend's phone had assigned my number to a spam list! Not sure how it happened, and we thought we'd checked that possibility, but a second check revealed the problem.  That's a good result really, as I wasn't sure where to go next with the investigation! Thanks for your help everyone

regards

Kate

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It's most likely that the person you can't reach has accidentally blocked your number.
You will somehow need to contact them and ask them to check their black list of blocked numbers....
It's an easy mistake to make slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

We get this all the this time and when it's just one number, invariably the owner of the other phone has accidentally blocked your number. 

Maybe contact  them via email or social media and ask them to check their blocked numbers in the phone settings. 

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Community Firum,

What phone does your friend use ?

We can then advise how to check any blocking facility.
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone.  I forgot to say in my original post that I checked with my friend about blocking/spam settings on her phone.  She said no numbers were blocked but I can't be absolutely sure of that I guess.  Her phone is Samsung but not sure which model, possibly a Galaxy Ace.

I think I've found another contact on T mobile.  I'm going to use that person to determine whether I have a specific number problem or a T mobile network problem

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
The only other possibility is a phone or network failure at your friends location but I'm still suspecting a blocked number wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

It would be difficult to say then what's happening if your friends blocking list does not have your number in it !

You could try asking them to delete your contact details from their phone and re enter it and try again.

If this continues then you could also ring O2 Cs just as a precaution to have your account checked and your friend do the same.
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, yes, getting my friend to delete my contact details is an option. I'll ask her now ....
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning all, I'm afraid I've been wasting the forum's time - somehow my friend's phone had assigned my number to a spam list! Not sure how it happened, and we thought we'd checked that possibility, but a second check revealed the problem.  That's a good result really, as I wasn't sure where to go next with the investigation! Thanks for your help everyone

regards

Kate

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not a waste of time at all so don't worry.

The primary concern is you are sorted. wink
Message 10 of 11