Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not disturb for one contact group

Banana
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I use my Samsung Galaxy A6 for both work and personal use. I've created a contact group for my work contacts - what I'd like to be able to do is set a Do Not Disturb for that group when I'm not working. I can only see how to set exceptions for the Do Not Disturb feature, but I want the opposite really - to only apply it to a small group of people. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Aaron_
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 29 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Can't you add the contacts you don't want to be contacted by in one group contact, and habe another group contact for the ones that you do want to contact you?
Message 11 of 16

Banana
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The only exceptions on offer to me are All, Contacts only, and Favourite contacts only. My other groups don't show as options.

Message 12 of 16

Aaron_
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 29 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
If I still can't help I might have to pass this on to someone else. @MI5 , @Martin-O2 could you help?
Message 13 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It's not anything that I've used myself but sounds like an option would be to add everyone except work contacts to your favourites then set that as the exception group.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 16

Banana
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was hoping for it to be a lot simpler than that... But if I did it, would that mean that only phone calls and traditional texts from my Favourites would come through if on Do Not Disturb mode? As in, would I have to spend my whole weekends without notifications from my apps, messenger platforms etc? I'd want to be able to use the rest of my phone 100% as normal, I simply want to block work calls. That is all.

Message 15 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Anything in your exception list would work as normal.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 16