cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disparity between Data Usage on device and on account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

My device shows that I have used 1.91GB of my 3GB data allowance but MyO2 shows that I have actually used the full 3GB.

I know that there is sometimes a difference between the device and the network records, but this seemed too much to me. Until recently I had been happily bobbling along with 1GB until I discovered Spotify and upped my allowance to 3GB when I upgraded.

I called 202 and they said that this difference was taken up by background updates hence why it wasn't shown on this screen. I did actually use the O2 Chat service when my 80% text arrived and they said that it was caused by me changing my billing date the week before.  Does the answer I had from 202 sound feasible or am I having the wool pulled?

Screenshot_20161209-130103.png

Screenshot_20161209-131853.png

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If you changed mid way through a billing period your allowances are pro rata for the first month.
Background data usage would still show on your phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Forgive my naivete, but does the data from o2 include uploads while the device only show downloads?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Device is total date use either up or down.
Mine is always within a few mb of each other.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4