cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted emails

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been impressed by the way emails I delete from my phone are also deleted on my PC (Windows 10 Microsoft Outlook). However, today I have found that whilst retained emails are still on my Samsung S6, they have been deleted from my PC. This is an unacceptable situation. Is anyone familiar with this problem and can advise how to avoid it, please?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Never had that situation tbh.
I assume you are set up with IMAP in which case both places you access your emails should replicate each other.
You may get problems if you have set it up as a pop account though, so check it and change to IMAP if you have.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I use office 2016 on Windows 10 and it mirrors Yahoo and GMail on my phone. Not sure why it's not syncing but I would think it's the setup in Outlook. I too use imap.Maybe you should think about deleting the accounts on your pc and set them up again?

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Funnily enough I have btinternet and gmail emails coming in to my PC using Outlook. It's an old version of Outlook on this Win 7 pc......2 days ago I went into the hidden icons of gmail and saw one saying SMS...upon checking...every text I have sent is stored in here. I deleted them from PC....they are still on my phone. Not keen on that if honest...Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:
2 days ago I went into the hidden icons of gmail and saw one saying SMS...upon checking...every text I have sent is stored in here. I deleted them from PC....they are still on my phone. Not keen on that if honest...Fear

That's because SMSBackUp+ stores them there.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:
2 days ago I went into the hidden icons of gmail and saw one saying SMS...upon checking...every text I have sent is stored in here. I deleted them from PC....they are still on my phone. Not keen on that if honest...Fear

That's because SMSBackUp+ stores them there.

Needless to say I had no idea of that! I only used SMS Backup once......and weird how my mindset still thinks my Window PC is a completely different entity to my phone. I live and learn Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Everything is connected these days wink

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a possible reason for problems with windows live mail & outlook see here ... https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Windows-Live-Mail-2012-will-not-connect-to-Outlook-com-4545...

Message 8 of 8