Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decent Signal

keithwill838
Level 1: Joiner
  • 31 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just upgraded to a galaxy s6,and since i have had it i only get one bar on showing on my signal meter on the phone,i have checked the network coverage and it shows full strength for my area,even when i turn on my mobile data i cannot open pages on facebook,email on the phone unless i have wi-fi nearby,is the phone not set up correctly and do i need to go through some sort of setting up to get a decent signal and also to be able to use my mobile data,there is no 4g in my area so its 2 and3 g that i am concerned with

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Make sure you deselect 4G in settings. Text ACTIVE to 2020 and save the settings, reboot the phone and see how the signal is then. You could also try cleaning the sim card.

Message 2 of 10

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
First thing to try is your SIM in another phone (if you have one), I have an S6 Edge and the signal strength displayed is less than that of other phones (I have tried this in an LG G3 and an iPhone 6s).

Confirm in the setting whether your phone is trying to look for a 4G signal. If you know you have know coverage change the option to be 3G / 2G
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try the above suggestions @keithwill838 and let us know how you get on

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 143186 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
What signal is showing on your status bar?
Did you get a new sim with the phone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having one bar doesn't necessarily mean that you have weak signal, I have a Samsung Galaxy A5 & sometimes I get 1-2 bars & perfect phone calls 

Message 6 of 10

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Having one bar doesn't necessarily mean that you have weak signal, I have a Samsung Galaxy A5 & sometimes I get 1-2 bars & perfect phone calls 

Especially with 4G, most places you get one or two bars at the most though download speeds are usually good.

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143186 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
It's the 2g/3g signal that's important for calls.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another example I can give is if you have an iPhone that is on 2G with 5 full bars then you switch to 3G, depending on the area you are in if the signal looks like its deteriorating that's not necessarily the case as most times you won't notice any difference in the calls

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any luck with this @keithwill838 ?
Message 10 of 10